Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Firefox e10s freeze/high cpu on specific page , weird bug » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4068

tbs
Advanced user

Posted: 01/13/2017 05:51:08

1) Install Actual Window Manager latest version (v8.10 on writing this post), don't need to change any config, even skip the welcome wizard.

2) Install/download Firefox Nightly (portable version is fine, quick way to confirm issue)

3) Be sure e10s is enabled in Firefox, it should be by default, but check it to be sure in Options -> General -> Enable multi-process Nightly.

4) Open following url in Firefox: https://adiirc.com/changelog.php

5) Check in task manager the high cpu usage, also try to scroll that page to see how freezing it is, if you even is able to do that, probably browser is stuck already in this point.

6) Workaround to avoid this issue is disabling Firefox e10s feature or turning off all Title Buttons in AWM Default Window Settings.

ps: I noticed that behavior on specified url only.

My OS is Windows 10 x64 Insider, Anniversary Edition or Creators Edition. Do not need to request send config, it just happens in a fresh install, 100% default config.

Please give me some feedback, if you guys can replicate the problem and what's the technical issue evolved.

Thank you and happy new year!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/16/2017 18:06:44

Hello, tbs

Thank you for the message.

The problem has been confirmed. For now i can't say what exactly processes are involved here. Probably, we'll be able to provide some information later.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register