Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Resize too when using "Relocate now" » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8795

Anderson Nascimento Nunes

Posted: 12/21/2016 14:54:52

I have Window Guard 8.9 and I would like to have a button or shortcut to resize all windows. I could not find one that does that. There is the "relocate now" button, but it only relocates.

Am I missing something? If not, please implement a "resize now" button or make the "relocate now" also resize.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/22/2016 17:11:41

Hello, Anderson

How exactly you need windows to be resized? All windows to the same size?

Could you describe the situation where you need this feature?

Best regards.

Posted: 12/22/2016 17:26:56

I use my task bar at the top of the desktop and it is set to auto hide. Sometimes I need to disable the auto hide. When I do this, every window size is adjusted so that they don't stay behind the task bar.

Example: desktop size is 1920 x 1080, task bar is hidden, there is a rule to make one window occupy 50% x 100% (960 x 1080), when auto hide is disable, the task bar now uses the top 50 pixels (more or less), the window is forced to adjust, so its size becomes (960 x 1030).

Later I enable the auto hide again. This time, the non maximized window do not adjust automatically to the available space, so I am forced to visit one by one and use "reapply settings".

I imagine that a button that could "reapply settings" to all windows would save me from using "reapply settings" individually so that they would adjust their sizes.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/27/2016 18:43:53

Hello, Anderson

Window which you've applied a rule to (with specified size 50%x100% of the monitor) shouldn't increase its vertical size and always fill the whole desktop height. The fact is the window changes its size to smaller when you disable autohide option of the taskbar because all windows change their size/position in order to fit new desktop area.

But if a window has been placed to one of the sides of a monitor with Aero Snap feature (either Windows native Aero Snap or Actual Tools products emulation of this feature), then it will fill the whole left or right side of a monitor as the desktop area changes when disabling/enabling the autohide taskbar option.

If you need windows to act like this, then you can assign the Aero Snap shortcut as "Run keyboard macro" window startup action in the corresponding specific settings (Configuration module > Window Settings > Specific Settings > particular Specific Settings for a program > Startup section > Run keyboard macro action.
Shortcuts for Aero Snap to left/right sides of a monitor are the following: WINKEY + LEFT/RIGHT ARROW.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Posted: 12/27/2016 23:31:11

Aero Snap does not cover the corner case of a window set to 50% x 50%, and I have some windows set to that.

On Windows 10 there is also the option to use 'Win'+'Up/Down' after 'Win'+'Left/Right'. I tried a keyboard macro key like '<Win+Right><Win+Up>' for one window. After disable and enabling auto hide, that window does not adjust back.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/07/2017 23:28:11

Anderson,

Unfortunately, for now windows placed into corners of a monitor using our version of Aero Snap feature doesn't change its position upon enabling the Autohide option of the taskbar. We'll try to improve this and will post here when/if it is improved.

By the way, Windows 10 Aero Snap feature neither shows the behavior you want: a window just doesn't stay in the corner, but is stretched to the left or the right side of the monitor instead.

Best regards.

Posted: 01/08/2017 00:18:21

Hmm, after testing with a clean Windows 10, it seems you are right, my mistake.

Okay, guess I have to wait (or maybe code something using AutoHotkey to use until then).

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register