Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] No Global Hotkey working , Cannot use any Keyboard Shortcuts anymore » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 15645

Kiwi

Posted: 12/20/2016 14:45:55

I have loved AWM since I first found and obtained a copy. For a long time now, I have not been able to use any Keyboard Combo to preform actions.

I have tried Combinations I've never used before and they wont work, Mve to next monitor, Stay always-on-top no longer work. I was going to try and wait for a update but it seems that isn't likely so something is going on with either the program or system - no viruses found by many providers [installed/uninstalled at each try].

Uninstalled and reinstalled latest version. Windows 8.1 64bit. Has worked very well recently, no known contaiminations or hardware changes.

Any ideas on what to try?

Combos that I have speifically tried:
Move to next monitor
Stay always-on-top
Ghost
Toggle Virtual Desktops Switcher
Next Virtual desktop
Previous Virtual desktop
Show clipboard history window

While testing for this post I found that these combinations worked:
Lock Mouse
{Nothing else}

Edit 1: Forgot to mention that when inside anything that will accept character input (ie webbrowser, notepad etc) the keystroke is sent to the program. Some keyboard shortcuts (Didnt note which ones) when used inside AWM generate the error ping sound effect, but generates no alert to the user.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2016 13:13:49

Hello, Kiwi

Are the windows you're trying to apply the hotkeys to affected by AWM at all (do they have extra title buttons or extra window menu items)?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Kiwi

Posted: 12/22/2016 13:39:35

Yes, the lock mouse feature works, and the AWM toolbar appears in the topright of the window of each screen.

When clicking on the icons within the titlebar, they work as expected.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/23/2016 15:56:02

Kiwi,

I was unable to reproduce the issue using your configuration files, i mean the hotkeys works fine when i load your configuration while in Windows 8.1 system.

But I've noticed that all your hotkeys that should work except Lock Mouse (and Ignore Deactivation also) have the Windows logo key in the Key Combination ("Toggle Virtual Desktops Switcher" and "Show clipboard history window" weren't supposed to work as the corresponding features were disabled in your configuration).

So, could you test whether the current key combination for Lock Mouse works for other actions (of course only one action should have this combination at time)?

And also could you make sure that your Windows logo key works by itself - it should bring the Start screen.

Kiwi

Posted: 12/26/2016 15:29:20

It would seem the keybinds changed. After a secondary uninstall and deletion of files, I was able to reinstall again and discovered the keybind was reset and after changing it to what I use, works. Thanks for the help, somewhere along the lines it has been solved.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register