Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Game will not allow me to swap monitors. , The game i enjoy will not let me move my mouse to my second monitor. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 12042

James Pazder

Posted: 12/20/2016 09:39:23

Problem Program: Heroes of Newerth
Problem: Mouse will not leave monitor while game is active

Hi, I have my settings all set up the way i like,
I have a keybind to make my mouse jump to my second monitor.
I have a keybind to ignore deactivation.
I have a keybind to lock mouse in monitor.
I have a keybind to lock mouse in window.

With any program i have tried including fullscreen games that lock mouse i am able to jump my mouse to the next monitor and move around without deactivating the game.

The game i am trying to get to work is called HoN, or (Heroes of Newerth, No matter if the setting are at deactivated or activated, mouse is locked to monitor/window or not, or any combination of that i cannot move my mouse off of my monitor while the game is active.

I play the game fullscreen, and if i try to manually move my curser it will just not go past the edge of my monitor, if i try to make it jump then the circle appears on the other monitor where the curser would go but my mouse does not travel over; additionally the circle on the other monitor just stays there, and does not dissapear like it usually does when i jump.
Edit: (instead, when i try jump the curser jumps to the bottom left hand corner of my game window [my second monitor is below my first])

However, If i alt tab the game and go to my desktop on my primary monitor while the game window is open then i can switch over to my other monitor. But as soon as i open my game again my mouse is once again locked.

Playing the game bordered is not an option as the performance drops drastically, The game runs in DirectX 9 which other games i have used also run in and they work fine. Please help.

BONUS QUESTION Is there a way for my icons on the taskbar of one of my monitors (which is much smaller) to be drastically larger than the icons on my primary monitor? I have my taskbars set as Individual.

Cheers

Martin Janik

Posted: 12/20/2016 14:37:09

I experience the same problem with the latest edition (2.006) 0g Il2 Battle of Stalingrad. It was migrated from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11.
Before everithing worked as complained about in https://www.actualtools.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=4062.

Martin Janik

Posted: 12/20/2016 19:25:12

For Il2 the solution is

7. Mouse input is now exclusive (mouse cursor won't move outside the game window). This change is optional and can be turned off in startup.cfg, [KEY = input] section, exclusive = 0/1;

Perhaps there is a similar setting for the original poster's game.

James Pazder

Posted: 12/21/2016 05:37:16

Martin Janik wrote:
For Il2 the solution is

7. Mouse input is now exclusive (mouse cursor won't move outside the game window). This change is optional and can be turned off in startup.cfg, [KEY = input] section, exclusive = 0/1;

Perhaps there is a similar setting for the original poster's game.

Yeah i found it in my config, it works now thanks. :D

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/22/2016 16:44:16

Hello, gentlemen

For some reason i was unable to create account to reproduce the issue. I will try to do it later.

However, If i alt tab the game and go to my desktop on my primary monitor while the game window is open then i can switch over to my other monitor. But as soon as i open my game again my mouse is once again locked.
The game minimizes when you swith to other window using Alt+tab, right?

Is there a way for my icons on the taskbar of one of my monitors (which is much smaller) to be drastically larger than the icons on my primary monitor?
There is no such option in our program. Do you mean, you want the taskbar icons to be larger on the monitor that is smaller? Do the icons appear smaller on that monitor as compared to other monitors? Have you tried to adjust the "Change the size of text..." option (see the screenshot)?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register