Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mirrored Screen Not Updating with Hardware Acceleration & Stretch » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7678

Paul Strauss

Posted: 12/18/2016 05:13:34

I've been using Actual Multiple Monitors to mirror part of the main display to a second smaller display. Until recently, it worked fine, but I think that a recent driver upd ate to my Nvidia GTX 980ti graphics card or your software broke something that previously had worked fine.

When I have hardware acceleration checked AND se t the mirrored area to stretch to fit the second screen (full screen), the display copies over but never refreshes. On the other hand, if I turn off EITHER hardware acceleration or stretch to fit, it refreshes. However, I need both of these enabled for my specific application. With hardware accel off, my application stutters, and with stretch not on, the section I want to mirror is way too small and stretched for my needs.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?

I'm running both the latest WHQL certified Windows 10/64-bit driver (version 376.33) for my graphics card and the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors (8.92).

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/19/2016 18:36:51

Hello, Paul

This is a known problem, we'll try to fix it.

This happens when all mirror image boundaries contact the mirror window boundaries (or monitor boundaries in case of Full-screen option enabled).

For now, as workaround try to enable the "Keep aspect ratio" option or try to use windowed mirror (disable the "Run as full-screen" option) with the "Fixed scale" option enabled and adjust the window size so that the image boundaries don't contact the mirror window boundaries.

Let us know whether you're able to make mirror work using this workaround.

Best regards.

Paul Strauss

Posted: 12/21/2016 07:11:12

Bogdan: I tested with "run as full screen" disabled, and the same problem occurs any time I have variable scale checked - which I need for my use case. Keep aspect ratio actually works fine in both windowed or full screen for me, but it's variable ratio that breaks with hardware acceleration enabled (which I require for performance reasons).

Any other ideas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/22/2016 16:57:51

Paul,

the same problem occurs any time I have variable scale checked
This happens because in this case window automatically resizes to the size of the mirror image which means that all mirror image boundaries contact the mirror window boundaries.

Keep aspect ratio actually works fine in both windowed or full screen for me
Keep aspect ratio can be enabled only when the Variable Scale option is enabled. If it works for you, why don't you keep this sub-option enabled?

Paul Strauss

Posted: 12/23/2016 06:10:15

Bogdan:

The problem is that if I leave Keep Aspect Ratio checked, the image is distorted and doesn't come close to filling the screen. I think that's because the proportions of my second display are very different than those of my primary display.

My specific use case is mirroring the scoreboard from a digital pinball machine onto a smaller external display. See attached for a visual explanation.

Paul Strauss

Posted: 12/24/2016 22:23:05

Any further thoughts on this? I'm wondering what changed that broke the functionality, since this used to work properly with hardware acceleration enabled. Now I either have a distorted tiny image or if I disable hardware acceleration, it causes stutter and makes my game unusable.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/24/2016 23:30:39

Paul,

The mirror pictures on the attached screenshot are the full-screen mirrors, right?

The fact is the Keep Aspect Ratio should do exactly what you seem to get with the Keep Aspect Ratio feature disabled - it should keep the proportions of a mirrored image, no matter how you change it's size. But there are black stripes above and under the mirror image on the second picture (Keep Aspect Ratio enabled), so apparently the feature does its job - places the image so it fits the monitor and keep its proportions. But it looks like the monitor stretches the whole image. Does it stretch the image when the mirror is not open on this monitor, when it displays desktops, other windows?

What is the display aspect ratio of the monitor which you open the mirror and what are the system resolution settings for this monitor?

How did you made these screenshots? What program have you used for this?

Best regards.

Paul Strauss

Posted: 12/25/2016 04:29:10

Bogdan:

I think I've found a solution for the problem after all.

Just so you know, the monitor is 1280x480 resolution, but it was defaulting to 1280x1024 resolution. With keep aspect ratio disabled, it was previously filling the whole screen, but when that feature stopped working with hardware acceleration. By creating a custom display resolution of 1280x480 in the Nvidia driver, that solved the problem so I can display the Keep Aspect Ratio version enabled, along with hardware acceleration

Thanks for your help investigating the issue. I think I'm good for now.

P.S. The screenshots were just for illustration purposes, and not captured off the actual displays.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/26/2017 16:34:03

Hello, Paul

We're trying to fix the issue now.

Could you please make sure that the issue still persists on your system and name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register