Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Debenu Tools , Application won't stay on monitor » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 9779

Scott Bonacker

Posted: 11/22/2016 23:52:50

I have Debenu Tools Pro that wants to jump back to the primary monitor when it is maximized.

I can reduce the DTP window, drag it to a secondary or tertiary monitor fine and work with it there. But if I maximize it to the monitor it always jumps back to the primary monitor.

The Debenu app Toolbar does not display the Actual Windows controls so it must be using a nonstandard window.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/30/2016 16:53:24

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and versions of Actual Window Manager and Debenu Tools Pro.

Are you able to reproduce the problem with Actual Window Manager unloaded?

Could you also send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and attach a link to this thread to the message that will be automatically generated?

Scott Bonacker

Posted: 12/07/2016 02:24:19

Debenu PDF Tools Pro 3.1.0[18]

Actual Window Manager 8.9.2 (no updates available at this time)

On a Win10x64 Dell laptop

primary monitor is attached, secondary uses inbuilt VGA port, tertiary uses DVI port on Plugable DisplayLink docking station.

And - when I exit AWM and start Debenu, it still exhibits the same behavior - it wants to jump back to the primary screen whenever it is maximized on either the 2nd or 3rd monitor.

So - maybe it's a Debenu issue and not related to AWM.

I reported it to Debenu and filed a bug report before finishing this post and just got a confirmation email showing case #31214 with Debenu.

The workaround currently is to just not maximize when working on any monitor other than the primary monitor. Can stretch to almost full screen, just can't maximize.

What I do miss however is the ability to jump a window to another monitor and take advantage of AWM's ability to adjust the window size to fit the monitor.

As usual, this is nothing to die over or set hair on fire.

Best,

Scott

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/07/2016 15:11:19

Hello, Scott

There is the ability to move the maximized Debenu window to other monitors using the "Move to next monitor" hotkey of Actual Window Manager and the window will stay in maximized mode in this case. Try this as a workaround.

And yes, Debenu PDF Tools has a non-standard window, but there is ability to add a standard title bar to the window if you need. To do this you need to create specific settings for Debenu program, go to the Startup section > "Options" in the botom part of this section > Change standard window parts > Border and title bar - set the "Add" parameter for this option.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register