Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Keyboard lag with AMM , Typing lags when Actual Multiple Monitors is on » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8661

Sam Rodar

Posted: 11/18/2016 05:11:19

I have been having a problem with keyboard lag on a Windows 10 Pro machine for a while. To diagnose I shut down nearly all the programs that were loading when I started the computer. Using this process I have discovered that the lag goes away when Actual Multiple Monitors is turned off. If I turn it back on the lag starts out minimally but increases over time. This has affected other programs as well.

I am using version 8.92 but the problem has been present with previous versions as well. I just hadn't tried to isolate the cause before.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/19/2016 19:21:09

Hello, Sam

How does the keybord lag appear? How long is the input delay in seconds?

Are there any problems with mouse input or only with the keybord input?

Does it happen in all applications and whole Windows system or in some particular applications? Could you give me a few examples of the applications you have this problem with?

Does the problem happen when none of the other applications (that are set to run on Windows startup or that you launch manually) are running and only AMM is running?

What mouse and keyboard do you use? Do you have any mouse and keyboard software installed and running?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Sam Rodar

Posted: 11/20/2016 01:37:28

Thanks for the response. The delay varies. When typing it can be brief or 2-3 seconds. I have been observing more carefully since discovering this and yes there is also frequently a lag with the mouse, especially the scroll wheel.

I noticed this most using Microsoft Word and Outlook. Probably because those are the programs where I am most likely to use the keyboard. I have also noticed a lag using Photoshop when AMM is on compared to when it is off.

I have tried swapping keyboards and mice. The problem persists whether using a Microsoft or Logitech mouse. I have tried with Microsoft and Dell keyboards. Same problem.

If I toggle AMM off the problem goes away. Toggle it back on and it comes right back.

I have disabled most of the other programs in my Startup list excepting a handful that I use on other similar computers that don't have AMM and where I don't experience the same issue. I realize this could be an issue caused by interaction with AMM and another program, but the fact that I can toggle the problem on and off with the switch in the AMM Control Center makes me think it is AMM related.

I have sent the configuration file via email.

Thanks again for your help.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/05/2016 21:25:20

Hello, Sam

Could you when the delay appears in Office applications see whether it persists in other applications where typing is available (Notepad, Internet Browsers etc) and let us know the results.

What are the versions of the programs you've noticed the problem with (Word, Outlook, Photoshop, other programs)?

I realize this could be an issue caused by interaction with AMM and another program, but the fact that I can toggle the problem on and off with the switch in the AMM Control Center makes me think it is AMM related.
This is why i asked you. Could you check whether AMM alone causes this problem by temporarily disabling all other programs?

Do you have any mouse and keyboard software installed and running?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register