New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 31 - 39 of 39
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Display issues/latency + long load times Multiple Monitors 8.9.1/Win10 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 150364

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/20/2017 16:51:52

Paul,

Should I be monitoring something "leaking" over time e.g. Handles, User Objects and GDI Objects?
Yes, please tell us the values of these parameters when the problem doesn't appear.

Do you always open 4 Outlook windows and a few Lync windows? What is the purpose of having several windows of the same application open?

Paul

Posted: 02/20/2017 18:12:22

The prior values where the issue wasn't happening and I'm pretty sure were after a restart but I will double check,

Handles: Lync = 3371 Outlook = 5755
User Objects: Lync = 196 Outlook = 1259
GDI Objects: Lync = 170 Outlook = 993

Since running the tests yesterday, I left my PC running overnight. When I started work in the morning, the laptop had,
- Monitors in standby
- Screen had locked

The UI on Lync was unresponsive

On the next event where the monitors had gone into standby and the OS locked, Outlook UI.

As mentioned in the thread, the only way to restore it is to restart the App. This pattern repeated pretty much most of the day after each monitor standby/OS lock event.

In the prior test I ran for you, I didn't check to see whether having the OS lock and monitors timeout might be an issue after an initial restart.

Outlook provides an easy way to open new windows. You right click on the task/calendar/mail icons and select "Open in New Window". For outlook, especially for heavy users like myself, I can have dedicated screens/virtual desktops that are optimized for Tasks, Mail etc avoiding constantly adjust outlook. As for Lync, inevitably at various times during a day, you can be having 3-4 windows open with various conversations going on with different people. Something I thought of the other day as well was that the larger the organisation, the more people you might have in your Lync list and each user will generate GDI objects. Again, sorry to keep mentioning it, but the number of windows wasn't an issue with Windows 7 and AWM.

Paul

Posted: 02/26/2017 16:38:11

I'm keeping a detained log now of handles, GDI Objects and objects that I will send to your support desk.

Recently I have stopped using AWM and using the native Windows 10 virtual desktop manager which doesn't have this problem with Lync and Outlook. I miss the functionality of AWM but need stability more.

I've started using AWM this weekend in order to get additional data for you. While I might go back to native virtual desktops from time to time, I'm committed to continuing to help you and the team to figure out a resolution to AWM and these applications.

What I'm noticing while keeping a log, is that especially when a laptop locks and comes out of the lock state, there is a big jump in the number of handles.I have been running my laptop for 3 hours after the last full restart and now starting to see the issue with outlook windows drawing.

Paul

Posted: 02/27/2017 18:46:27

I have forwarded to your support email address a detailed spreadsheet that records over a day and a half's operation the various incidents where Outlook and Lync windows were not rendering correctly and what was going on with Handles, User Objects and GDI Objects.

Considerable effort was put into this and I would like to hope that corresponding effort is also being applied by the team at Actualtools to take this data that I've along with others have supplied and investigate the issue. This may be happening, but with all of the questions and requests for information, as users it's not clear whether you yet believe as we do that there is something to do with AWM that is contributing to the issue and if so whether there is an active attempt to try and resolve the problem.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/20/2017 15:34:14

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the delay.

Paul, once again, thank you for the detailed information. But, unfortunately, this infomation is not enough to figure out what causes the problem.

We need to know the total number of the Handles, User Objects and GDI Objects for all processes running in the system. Could you reproduce both problems and make screenshots depicting these columns for all processes for each problem and send them to us?

What I'm noticing while keeping a log, is that especially when a laptop locks and comes out of the lock state, there is a big jump in the number of handles.
Could you check:
1. Whether lock state causes any of the problems, if you lock/unlock the system right after the restart?

2. Whether the jump in the number of handles, that you've noticed, depends on the time the system stays in the lock mode before unlock - for example unlock after 5 minutes first time and after couple hours second time and see whether there is difference?

Stefan, could you send us the same screenshots, as I requested Paul, made in the moments when your problems appear?

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 02/19/2018 20:22:57

Hi all,

also wanted to add, that all my office programs keep having the issue, that they don't update content. I can take actions and they are executed, but I don't see them. After some time these changes then are displayed.
Looks like there are still issues with the reuse of old windows and/or refreshing of office windows in common.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks!

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 03/08/2018 21:24:55

Hi all,

directly after I did the action, the issue did not persist anymore, but I had to reconfigure all my pinned applications etc.
Meanwhile after some time of use, the issue is back. Looks like it might be something like a data/load issue... Could you please check/verify or tell me what I can do about it/to help you?

Thanks,
Stefan

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 03/09/2018 14:48:00

LOL... just recognized a browser issue which led me to think my last post didn't arrive... Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/16/2020 18:56:25

Hello, everyone

I'm glad to notify you that we've made some changes in our software that should improve the performance upon minimizing/maximizing full screen games and disabling/enabling monitors. The changes should eliminate or significanlty reduce the lags in these situations. The fix is available in the latest version (8.14.4) of Actual Window Manager and Actual Multiple Monitors.

Could you please try this version and let us know whether it improves the performance. You can update your program to the latest version (program's tray icon context menu > Info > Check for Updates) or download the latest version and install it manually. Even if your free updates period has expired, you still can use this version 30 minutes a day, which should be enough to check the improvement.

Best regards.

Messages 31 - 39 of 39
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register