New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 39
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Display issues/latency + long load times Multiple Monitors 8.9.1/Win10 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 150302

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 11/09/2016 16:41:05

Hi all,

I have the following issues with Actual Multiple Monitors 8.9.1 on Windows 10:

1. Mainly, but not only Microsoft Office Applications need a long time to update Window contents (without Multiple Monitors activated it works like a charm)
2. After changing monitor setup (e.g. from docking station to mobile) it takes a long time until I can use my PC again ~ 1-3min
3. When switching between applications, sometimes I can not write or mark something in the newly activated application window or I can not activate it via click anymore. At the same time mostly, when I make use of Alt+Tab I can either not see a Task-Switcher window, or it is only on the first monitor, even though I am working on another monitor.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stefan

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/12/2016 19:02:07

Hello, Stefan

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

What versions of Windows and Actual Multiple Monitors did you have when these problems started?

1. In what exactly moments does this problem appear? Give me few examples of the situations where window contents update slow.
What version of Microsoft Office are you running?

2. What interface do you use to connect the laptop to the docking station? Does the problem happen if you connect one of the displays directly to the laptop?
What is happening in your system at the time you can't use the PC?

3. How do you solve this problem? Does switching focus to other application and then back make text input work correctly?
How do you manage to make activating via click to work for particular window? Does it takes several tries to finally work?
What windows are you experiencing this problem with?

The problem with Task Switcher seems to be separate problem. Do you mean sometimes Task Switcher works correctly and appears on both monitors?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Add a link to this topic to the email.

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 11/17/2016 07:00:07

Hi all,

Windows Version: Enterprise 1511 (Build 10586.679)

1. When switching between applications fr om time to time, often after having screenshare with Skype for Business. Also having problems with copy and paste at those times (or after doing copy paste having those problems also). Also when creating a new E-Mail or answering to an another one (opening windows [from my perspective as far as I know, reusing existing window-handles of former destroyed windows.
Office Version: Office 365 Pro Plus 2016 MSO (16.0.6925.1041) 64bit

2. I have a HP ZBook 15 and the matching docking station (no USB or Bluetooth or another general one). To be honest, I am unsure if the problem also happens if I have the monitors connected to the PC directly, but another problem I am experiencing is, that when disconnecting, reconnecting, changing monitors/configuration, my laptop is basically not working for about 30sec-2min mouse is moving with a very high latency (~10-15sec) and taskbar is gone for some time as well.

3. Sometimes I have to do that several times, mostly it does not work with the mouse, only with the keyboard. And sometimes I have to try it several times with different windows. It is working again when the task switcher appears again on all screens in general. No specific windows this problem appears with.

I have three monitors and a beamer connected. The task switcher problem appears mostly in the above named copy&paste scenarios wh ere I can not mark/paste/activate windows anymore with the mouse. Then task switcher only appears on primary screen and after switching back and forth with the keyboard, task switcher appears again on all screens (like configured) and then copy&paste etc. work again.

Configuration files sent.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/19/2016 06:21:33

Stefan,

1. How exactly does the problem appear: do you have several windows open on your desktop and then after switching between them they become blank and it takes some time before the content is displayed? Or do they become blank after you restore them from the minimized mode? Or what do you mean by "need a long time to update Window contents"?

When switching between applications fr om time to time
Does it depend on from what to what application you're switching? How often does it happens with switching between applications (for example 5 times of 10)?

Also having problems with copy and paste at those times (or after doing copy paste having those problems also)
Do you mean you're not sure whether the copy/paste problem is associated with the mentioned problem? Or do you mean you have the copy/paste problem in both cases: when the initially mentioned problem happens and also while just using the copy/paste commands without switching between windows?

How does the Copy/Paste problem appears? Is it like delay in displaying the newly pasted text?

my laptop is basically not working for about 30sec-2min
What do you mean by "not working"? Is it like nothing responds to mouse or keyboard input?

Does this issue depend on the number of monitors connected to the docking station? Does it appear when only one monitor is connected?

3. As i understand, the problem may appear in two ways:
- sometimes you can not write or mark something in the newly activated application
- sometimes you can not activate particular application via click anymore
Am I right?

Does an application not respond to any keyboard and mouse input to any its parts in the first case?

What actions do you make to temporarily get rid of the problem in each of two cases?

Does it depend on whether the computer is connected to the docking station or not?

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 11/19/2016 09:57:39

Hi all,

Does it depend on from what to what application you're switching? How often does it happens with switching between applications (for example 5 times of 10)?
I mostly experience this when switching from/to MS Office applications, but it also happens with for example Vandyke's SecureCRT or Chrome.
For MS Office I'd say 5/10 for others probably 0.1/10 or likewise.

Do you mean you're not sure whether the copy/paste problem is associated with the mentioned problem? Or do you mean you have the copy/paste problem in both cases: when the initially mentioned problem happens and also while just using the copy/paste commands without switching between windows?
Yes, I am not sure if both are connected. When copy&paste issue appears, also the "base problem" appears, but the "base problem" also appears without copy&paste. The copy&paste issue doesn't appear when not switching between windows.

What do you mean by "not working"? Is it like nothing responds to mouse or keyboard input?
I meant, that the mentioned problems mostly occurs after some time and not directly after logging in.

3. As i understand, the problem may appear in two ways:
- sometimes you can not write or mark something in the newly activated application
- sometimes you can not activate particular application via click anymore
With the additional description I added above, yes.

Does an application not respond to any keyboard and mouse input to any its parts in the first case?
Yes, but most of the times this looks like this is buffered, or basically done, but just not displayed. I can not tell you if it is just not displayed or if it is just buffered until it is handled. But I would guess from my feeling that it is second (alike the machine is still working on other tasks and buffers your input until it is able to handle it - at the same time, system load is very low here, so this basically can't be the source of the issue).

What actions do you make to temporarily get rid of the problem in each of two cases?
Either trying to overcome it with switching applications (Alt+Tab) or waiting until I can again see an update on my screen (for example when I clicked on an unread email, I might wait until it get's displayed).

Does it depend on whether the computer is connected to the docking station or not?
I think no, but I will monitor this and if you didn't find the solution already when I can tell you if it is connected, I will upadte this here (as mentioned, I am basically mostly working with the dock, so it is not really easy to check if it is connected to it or not).

Hoping that you can fix this, as there is no better application than your's to support multiple monitors.
I might miss a feature, probably you can mention this to someone: Center application window on current screen (or probably on defined other screen (for me it's always the current) and/or something like ensure that no window borders will be outside of the displayable area.

Thanks for your support!

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/28/2016 00:33:22

Hello, Stefan

Could you please answer all questions that i write in my messages?

About the first problem:

Do you have any third-party windows management or enhancement software installed?

How does the Copy/Paste problem appears? Is it like delay in displaying the newly pasted text?

How exactly does the content update delay problem manifest itself for example when switching from/to MS Office applications? Do you have several Office windows open, not minimized. How do you notice the delay? Do the windows became blank for some time?

About the second problem:

Could you see whether the problem happens if you connect one of the displays directly to the laptop when it is undocked?

My question was:
What is happening in your system at the time you can't use the PC?
you answered:
when disconnecting, reconnecting, changing monitors/configuration, my laptop is basically not working for about 30sec-2min
What did you mean by "not working"? Is this a part of the problem?

What is happening in your system at the time you can't use the PC, in other words what exactly doesn't let you use PC?

Does this issue depend on the number of monitors connected to the docking station? Does it appear when only one monitor is connected?

About the third problem:

Do you mean you're able to temporarily solve both kinds of this problem (the fisrt with typing/pasting/marking and the second with activating a window) the same way by repeatdly switching applications using Alt+Tab?

Please name the exact sequence of the problems: what problem comes after what problem? As i understand, first you encounter the problem with typing/activating, and then you hit Alt+Tab and notice the problem with Task Switcher. And then when you hit Alt+Tab several times both problems go away at the same time?

Do the Task Switcher problem appear alone, without the first part of the problem?

most of the times this looks like this is buffered
Why do you think that this looks this way? Is the action (typing/pasting) finally done after you do it one time (for example press Ctrl+V once) and wait for some time?

How often do you notice this problem?

When this happens with one of the windows, do other windows work correctly?

Stefan Vetter

Posted: 11/29/2016 05:41:16

Hi all,

please see my answers as follows:

Do you have any third-party windows management or enhancement software installed?
No.

I am basically not able to mark text to copy and/or use my mouse to switch Windows,copy and/or paste.

How exactly does the content update delay problem manifest itself for example when switching from/to MS Office applications? Do you have several Office windows open, not minimized. How do you notice the delay? Do the windows became blank for some time?
I basically can act and it will (if focus is not taken by another application in between, which I can't see) be done in the active Window, even if I think the active one is different than the one that is really active (as it is not marked active due to the latency, that can be difficult).
Yes, I usually have several Office windows open. Yes, the Windows are partly blank (white) for some time.

Could you see whether the problem happens if you connect one of the displays directly to the laptop when it is undocked?
Yes, the problem also appears when undocked.

What did you mean by "not working"? Is this a part of the problem? What is happening in your system at the time you can't use the PC, in other words what exactly doesn't let you use PC?
Basically I can move the mouse/do something with the keyboard, but it will be a huge latency until something happens on the screen onto this (sometimes ~30sec).

No, but it takes less time if only one monitor is connected.

Do you mean you're able to temporarily solve both kinds of this problem (the fisrt with typing/pasting/marking and the second with activating a window) the same way by repeatdly switching applications using Alt+Tab?
Correct, while the latency/partly blank Window might probably not be solved by this, but just get ready within that time. And always I have the task switcher only on the primary screen then and if it is on all screens again, the problem has temporarily gone.

Please name the exact sequence of the problems: what problem comes after what problem? As i understand, first you encounter the problem with typing/activating, and then you hit Alt+Tab and notice the problem with Task Switcher. And then when you hit Alt+Tab several times both problems go away at the same time?
As mentioned above, the problems occur first and then I try to overcome them by switching tasks (so the task switcher problem appears and after that is fixed, the copy&paste stuffs are properly working again for some time (might be < than 1min).

Do the Task Switcher problem appear alone, without the first part of the problem?
Not that I know of.

Why do you think that this looks this way? Is the action (typing/pasting) finally done after you do it one time (for example press Ctrl+V once) and wait for some time?
This was attached to the Windows that are partly blank/white then.

How often do you notice this problem?
A couple of times a day.

When this happens with one of the windows, do other windows work correctly?
Mostly not, as mostly I can not even switch (see that I switched) after I seen the issue.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 11/30/2016 19:34:40

Hello Stefan,

Please follow these steps:
1. Stop Actual Multiple Monitors;
2. Go to the %AppData% directory (Copy the following path:
%AppData%
Open Windows Explorer, click in the Address Bar and press the backspace key to clear the address bar. Right click in the address bar and select Paste. Press the Enter Key. This will open the %AppData% folder.
Note:  This folder is Super Hidden and this is the only way that you can access that folder);
3. Copy the Actual Tools folder anywhere as a backup copy;
4. Delete the Actual Tools folder from the %AppData% directory;
5. Check whether the issue persists or not.

If the issue persists, please specify your antivirus and firewall systems (name, version) and provide us a list of running processes from your PC.

Paul

Posted: 02/01/2017 14:16:31

Hi there,

Just wanted to let the community know that I'm seeing practically the identical issues described above on my Windows 10 System.

Please let me know how I can help with the investigation if the other user is no longer active.

Paul

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/03/2017 00:05:11

Hello, Paul

What edition of Windows 10 are you running: 32-bit or 64-bit?

What our program are you running (name, version)?

Do you mean you have all the problems listed by Stefan? Please specify what exactly problems you have.

Could you see the topic and tell what facts don't belong to your case as well?

Best regards.

Messages 1 - 10 of 39
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register