Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM numbers monitors differently than Windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2624

David Hardman

Posted: 09/23/2016 08:19:33

I just added a new GPU and 2 new screens. Windows is reporting the monitors in a certain order and AWM is reporting them in a different order. when I had just 2 GPUs and 4 screens Windows & AWM numbered the monitors the same now for some reason they don't agree. Makes it impossible to use AWM for a lot of things.

It's changed the order of 2 screens. Number 1 & Number 2. I'm not using Desktop Profiles. It's just the Multiple Monitor setup. I did try creating a Profile and it did the exact same thing.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/23/2016 19:08:47

Hello, David

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit)?

What version of AWM are you running?

Do you mean that the order of the monitors is correct but the numbers of two monitors differ? I mean, is the monitor with number 1 in AWM settings the same device as monitor with number 2 in Windows settings?

Could you name what interfaces (DVI, HDMI etc) do you use to connect the monitors one by one as they numbered in AWM settings? Are they all connected straight to video cards or there are any USB video adapters?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register