New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 11 - 20 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Taskbar crashing on 4K screen » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 88505

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/30/2016 23:18:29

Genltemen,

Could you download the .reg file that enables minidumps, launch it on your computer and then reproduce the issue so that the error message appears. Then go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps and send us the file that is created in this folder upon the program crash.

Here's the link to the file.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/03/2016 15:06:54

Hello, gentlemen.

We can’t reproduce the issue on our machines, but we’re trying to figure out what causes this. Could you disable the “Enable preview thumbnails” option (Configuration module > Multiple Monitors > Taskbar > General > Enable preview thumbnails) and see whether it solves the problem.

If disabling this option doesn’t influence the problem, then could you install the version 8.9 and see whether the problem persists? If the problem persists, please install the previous versions in decreasing order (8.8.3, 8.8 etc) until you reach for the version which doesn’t have this problem and let us know the results.

Thank you.

Jason Taylor

Posted: 10/08/2016 16:37:42

Hi,

I'm having similar issues with full Actual Desktop (On Windows 10) and Virtual Desktop Manager (On Windows 7).  The windows 10 is typically dual monitor as with the original poster.  

Sometimes my machine won't come out of sleep properly - the taskbars end up all over the place - If I am able to  I can kill actualdesktop and the explorer processes and things relaunch OK.

On the Windows 10 machine this is quite severe and sometimes I have to power off.

I've also noticed that the Skype for Business (Lync.exe) toasts (ie. popups from the notification bar go blank).  Despite putting in an exclusion.

These issues sound very similar to the OP.

Regards

Jason.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/08/2016 21:16:55

Hello, Jason

I'm having similar issues with full Actual Desktop (On Windows 10) and Virtual Desktop Manager (On Windows 7).
Are you talking about Actual Window Manager and Actual Virtual Desktops applications respectively? What versions of these programs are you running?

Actual Virtual Desktops doesn't have the "Taskbars on secondary monitors" feature, so the problem you have with Actual Virtual Desktops is most likely not the problem described in this topic.

Please describe the problems you encountered more detailed.

the taskbars end up all over the place
Could you clarify what you mean by this? A screenshot would be helpful.

I've also noticed that the Skype for Business (Lync.exe) toasts (ie. popups from the notification bar go blank).
What exactly popups are you talking about and what do you mean by "go blank"? A screenshot of this problem is also would be helpful.

Actually, if you're not sure that your problems are the same as in this topic, you should either find other topic with problems similar to yours or create a new topic.

Best regards.

Jason Taylor

Posted: 10/09/2016 21:10:50

The machine with the dual windows is using Actual Window Manager, I ended up disabling most of the features to try to get to the bottom of this.  The task bar on secondary monitor feature etc. would create result in the underlying windows real task bar moving to the top for instance.

Go Blank = They pop up as white borderless windows - when they should have a photo / buttons etc.

I'll try and get screenshots and post as a new message - however this is difficult to do when the machine can become unusable.

Jason.

Jason Taylor

Posted: 10/09/2016 21:11:13

AWM = 8.9.1

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/11/2016 14:07:14

Jason,

I don't really understand what the problem is, but it doesn't sound like the problem described initially in this topic. Please create new topic for this and other your problems and describe the problems more detailed and in more understandable way.

What is not clear to me it's what is wrong with the system taskbar. To the top of what the taskbar moves and when exactly does it happen? Answer this in new topic, please.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2016 05:11:32

Hello, gentlemen

Darren, Wes,

We’ve managed to reproduce the issue and to figure out what triggers this: the issue appears, when a monitor with AWM (or AMM) taskbar has a non-standard DPI. Could you change the DPI settings of your monitors to standard (100%) and see whether the problem appears in version 8.9.1?

Best regards.

Wes Warner

Posted: 10/15/2016 05:17:16

Thanks for the reply.  I can't seem to find where to set the Monitor's DPI in AWM.  Can you please tell me where to set it?

Thanks, Wes

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2016 06:38:31

Wes,

There's no way to change DPI via Actual Window Manager, you need to do it via the standard Windows settings (Desktop context menu > Screen Resolution > "Change the size of text, apps..." option ).

Messages 11 - 20 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register