New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Taskbar crashing on 4K screen » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 87950

Darren Atkinson

Posted: 09/13/2016 16:52:07

Hi,

I have a setup where I use a central 4K screen and two 1920 x 1080 screens in portrait mode, one at each side, my left screen is classed as the main one. I just moved to this from having 4 x 1920 x 1080 screens in landscape mode.

My machine runs Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Anniversary Edition.

I've been using AMM v 8.9 and the taskbars on the 2 screens which arn't the main screen keep locking up, i.e. the time hangs and moving the mouse over the taskbar produces a spinning wheel and I'm unable to click / use anything.

If I check the Windows task manager under background processes I have 3 entries for Actual Multiple Monitors, (one of the has 32 bit in brackets after it. When the taskbar locks up one of the entries CPU usages goes up to anywhere between 8% - 15% and holds there constantly. If I end that process the taskbars disappear and then instantly return and work fine until the lockup happens again.

I would say that sometimes they work okay without locking up for a few hours, other times it can only be 5 minutes or so.

Currently I have disabled the AMM taskabars and are using the default Windows ones, desktop divider and the title bar buttons work fine with no issues.

I just updated to AMM v8.91 and the problem remains.

Have you any ideas why these lockups are occuring?

Thanks,

Darren

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/14/2016 18:41:58

Hello, Darren

the time hangs and moving the mouse over the taskbar produces a spinning wheel and I'm unable to click / use anything
Do you mean that it is enough to put the mouse cursor over the taskbar in order for the problem to begin? Or it happens after you click an icon or taskbar space? What actions lead to this problem?

Have you added any toolbars on the AMM taskbars?

Are you running any third-party desktop-enhancement software or any specific software which could interfere with taskbars or desktop area?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Darren Atkinson

Posted: 09/14/2016 19:05:17

Do you mean that it is enough to put the mouse cursor over the taskbar in order for the problem to begin? Or it happens after you click an icon or taskbar space? What actions lead to this problem?

Sometimes just moving over the taskbar with the mouse seems to trigger the fault, othertimes the taskbar seems to work normally for a while allowing me to click on it and use it as normal before it locks up.

Have you added any toolbars on the AMM taskbars?

I don't have any toolbars (?) but I do pin around 6 programs to each of the taskbars. I always have done this though and have not changed these settings since switching over to the larger 4K screen.

Are you running any third-party desktop-enhancement software or any specific software wich could interfere with taskbars or desktop area?

No, the only thing I run is AMM.

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Done. There is an email sent to you from the same email my forum account is registered with.

Thanks.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/18/2016 22:59:50

Darren,

I was unable to reproduce the problem using your configuration files.

Could you send us the list of all running processes. It is in the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) > Details tab. Make a screenshot.

Wes Warner

Posted: 09/20/2016 05:48:09

I have a dual monitor setup, and am having the taskbar lockup followed by a crash on my second monitor every time I open the file browser on that screen  I have nothing to the taskbar on the second monitor, it does have 3 virtual desktops though.  Same issue on any of them.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/21/2016 17:13:13

Hello, Wes

Could you name the exact number of your Windows build (type winver in the Search field of the Windows Start menu, press Enter. The Window containing the build number will appear).

What our product are you running (name, version)?

Do you use the default file browser - Windows Explorer?

Does the problem appear with virtual desktops disabled?

Best regards.

Wes Warner

Posted: 09/22/2016 05:12:36

Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187)

Actual Window Manager 8.9.1

Yes, windows explorer

Looks like there are no issues without virtual desktops

Sent.  Thanks.

Wes Warner

Posted: 09/22/2016 22:04:01

Actually, it crashed again this morning with no virtual desktops.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/25/2016 18:38:22

Hello, gentlemen

Could you install the new beta 1 version of Actual Window Manager 8.10 and see whether the problem is still persists?

If the problem appears again and ActualWindowManagerShellCenter64.exe crashes, you'll be offered to send us the information about this problem. An email should be created automatically after you choose to send the information. If there are any problems with creating an email, you'll be offered to save the information in your current configuration files. In this case, save the information and send us your configuration files.

Best regards.

Wes Warner

Posted: 09/26/2016 21:17:45

It crashed first test this morning, and there was no dialogue box to send any information after the app restarted.  To invoke the crash, I simply opened a file browser window on Monitor 1 Desktop 1, dragged that window to Monitor 2 desktop 1, clicked on Chrome to move it to the foreground and put the file browser window to the background, then click on the file browser icon in the taskbar on monitor 2.  This does not bring the file browser to the foreground, but causes Actual Window Manager to hang, and eventually I press the force close window after it pops up.

Messages 1 - 10 of 25
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register