Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Manager & Magix Movie Edit Pro , Actual Window Manager Prevents Magix Movie Edit Pro launching » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7693

Tony Phillips

Posted: 08/29/2016 17:07:30

I have recently rebuilt my PC with new hardware. And therefore reinstallation of all software.
It took me a while to discover this relationship, but with Actual Window Manager running, when I attempt to launch Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus, that program freezes.
If I unload AWM, and launch Magix, it launches correctly.
I have attempted to create exclusions with every idea I can think of, but to no avail.

Several things are relevant.
Magix only launches one process. But excluding the process is not enough. It is one of those programs with multiple floating windows. I can "flash" all the windows, but excluding each of them is basically excluding the same process. I have tried window titles to no avail.
Magix launches a popup on opening to select or create a new video project. It is right before this that Magix freezes, so I am (perhaps wrongly) assuming it is this window that cannot be excluded. It too has the same .EXE process.

This was never a problem in my previous installation. Same OS. Same versions of both software.

Basically, I'm at a standstill. I can obviously unload AMW to use Magix, but I'm hoping for a better solution. Any help is appreciated.
Tony

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/01/2016 22:20:17

Hello, Tony

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit edition)?

What versions of AWM and Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus are you running?

Have you imported the AWM configuration to the new system or you started with the "clean" configuration on the new system and changed it manually then?

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/06/2016 23:20:12

Tony,

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

Unfortunately, exclusions don't help in this situation. As workaround, you can re-install AWM and disable the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option if it was enabled, and launch Magix Movie Edit Pro in the "Run as administrator" mode. But in this case all programs which you run in this mode won't be affected by AWM as well as system utilities and administrative tools that are launched in this mode.

To check whether this option enabled or not, start the Registry Editor application (Win+R, then type regedit in the "Run" window, press Enter) and see whether its window is affected by AWM (whether it has the additional title buttons or window menu items). If the window is affected, then the option is enabled.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register