New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «Actual Multiple Monitors 8.9 doesn't start with Windows » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 17946

keenox

Posted: 08/25/2016 03:23:01

Hello!

I just upgraded to version 8.9 of AMM and now it doesn't start with Windows. I have to manually start AMM with every Windows boot. That's a no-go for me.
I tried everything suggested on Google: uninstall-install->same, uninstall-delete user setttings from %appdata% and registry-clean install->same. Tried the previous also with 1 or two reboots inbetween and also the same behavior.
Also checked "Run as admin" for all users in the compatibility tab for ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe, ActualMultipleMonitorsConfig.exe and ActualMultipleMonitorsShellCenter64.exe.
Nothing, it just won't start.

What do you suggest?

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/25/2016 21:35:28

Hello keenox,

Thank you for the feedback. Please check the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\­Run branch in the Registry - it should have the "Actual Multiple Monitors" entry that refers to ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe in AMM installation folder. If there is no such entry than you probably have some security software that blocks AMM attempts to write into the Registry.

By the way, uninstall/reinstall is of no use in this case; usually, it's enough to disable/enable the "Options - General - Run at startup" option: if AMM is allowed to write into the Registry, it will recreate the required entry.

keenox

Posted: 08/26/2016 02:34:54

Thank you for the reply, Alex!
I forgot to mention I also tried the enable/disable + apply trick and the behavior is the same. I just did this one more time and checked for that specific registry entry and it is indeed created.
Are there any logs you can check from either AMM or Windows on what might fail?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 08/28/2016 21:50:57

Hello, keenox

What OS are you running (name, 32- or 64-bit)?

Could you check whether Actual Multiple Monitors is enabled in the Startup settings of Windows? For Windows 8 and 10 it is placed here: Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) > Startup tab. For Windows 7 it is placed here: System Configuration window (press Win+R, type "msconfig" in the Run window, press enter) > Startup tab.

Best regards.

keenox

Posted: 08/29/2016 01:27:43

Hi Bogdan,

I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Yes, it is enabled:

User added an image

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/01/2016 00:39:32

Keenox,

What security software do you have installed besides Bitdefender? Could you try to create an exclusion in Bitdefender for Actual Multiple Monitors and see whether it helps?

Please check whether the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option was enabled during the installation: start the Registry Editor application (Win+R, then type regedit in the "Run" window, press Enter) and see whether its window is affected by our software (whether it has the additional title buttons or window menu items). Let us know.

Best regards.

keenox

Posted: 09/02/2016 01:45:04

Hi Bogdan,

There is nothing besides Bitdefender. I will try and add an exclusion.
Regarding regedit, indeed it has the AMM controls in the title bar.

keenox

Posted: 09/08/2016 02:42:32

Hi again,

I added AMM as exception to Bitdefender, but nothing changed. It still doesn't start at startup.
Are there any logs that I can provide here for debugging the issue?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/09/2016 09:18:54

keenox,

Could you reinstall the program unchecking the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option during the installation and see whether it helps?

Best regards.

keenox

Posted: 09/10/2016 01:20:42

Hi,

I tried this and now when I start the setup, even with Admin rights, the "Run at startup" option is disabled.
What does this mean?

Also, is there some official email address where I can open a ticket? This kind of support takes a lot of time.

Messages 1 - 10 of 11
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register