Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows lags for ~10 seconds or more when opening/closing apps » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1823

Charlie Mason

Posted: 08/16/2016 02:13:39

Hi, I recently purchased Actual Window Manager and think it's great, but I am having a really annoying issue which is making me want to stop using it.

When opening almost any application whether it be a fullscreen game, my monitor colour calibration software, or my wireless mouse software, Windows seems to become incredibly bogged down, visibly the mouse becomes extremely laggy and jumpy and the program itself takes a lot longer to launch than it normally should. I'm getting the same effect when I change a setting in Actual Window Manager and click apply.

These periods of unresponsiveness usually last about 10 seconds or longer, and also happen when closing games/apps on occasion.

I am currently running with pretty much everything in Actual Window Manager disabled to see if it helps, but I am still getting this problem.

Are you aware of this issue and is there something I can do to try to rectify it?

Also do you have custom lockscreen images for both monitors working at the moment? When I lock my computer, only after pressing the enter key to reveal the password entry screen does the image appear on my second monitor.

Thanks

Edit: forgot to mention;
Actual Window Manager 8.9
Windows 10 Pro (just received Anniversary update)
64-bit
Programs causing the problem: pretty much anything fullscreen and even some that aren't

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/16/2016 14:32:55

Charlie, thank you for the feedback. Please provide more details on the "programs causing the problem":

1) "pretty much anything fullscreen" - does this include full screen mode of web browsers (Chrome/Firefox/IE/Edge), full screen mode of video players (Windows Media Player or other) - or it relates to games only?

2) "and even some that aren't" - please name them exactly: title, version, etc.

Thank you.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register