Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Alt-Tab to App Focus or Attempt to Maximize App Not Working , Alt-Tab to App Focus or Attempt to Maximize App Not Working » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6666

chgoguy7
Advanced user

Posted: 09/06/2007 19:43:20

Hi guys,

When I try to bring to the front of all windows an application window using alt-tab or the taskbar icon, it sometimes does not work. I end up having to shut down AWM in order to bring to the front the desired application window. This occurs in applications in which I have rules set (e.g., Outlook) and in applications in which I have no rules set (e.g., SPSS). One commonality I have found is that I tend to experience this difficulty with subordinate or ancillary windows of a given application (i.e., an e-mail message window in Outlook or an output window in SPSS).

Just today, I tried disabling just the Default Settings and for the time being I did not experienced the problem. However, the only Default Settings I have set are to add Title Buttons and Windows Menu options for AWM; no active settings (i.e., transparency, positioning, sizing, etc.) are in effect in the Default Settings.

Any ideas what might be causing this or how to further troubleshoot the problem. Thanks!

Nick

Sorry for the multiple posts. I received database errors each time I attempted to post.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/06/2007 23:11:33

Hi,

We tried to reproduce the situation on our computers, bug didn't confirm.Therefore:
- Could you please try to re-create the situation on another machine?
- It would be great if you could provide us with steps (with the exact name of applications) we should perform to reproduce the situation.
- Please send us your Actual Tools' configuration.

Thanks in advance.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register