Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Button Press, can Windows Manager handle , Taking action on an object to close a window » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1576

Kim Pennington

Posted: 07/08/2016 23:03:51

I have a window in a scanning program that pops up for an OK before it will clear after every successful scan. In every possible view of this window it's completely superfluous or redundant, and yet it's not optional, the host program provides no way for it to be bypassed, the user must click the OK button. If by chance you force close the window without the OK, the scan is tossed out (and yet the place to keep the scan or not is offered at least two other places, so this window actually forces wasted movements). I can't see in my version of Actual Tools Window Manager 8.14 where I can have it click the OK for me as a means of dealing with that pop-up. Have I missed an obvious choice (possible for me to do)? Thanks, Dean :D

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 07/08/2016 23:13:44

Dean, thank you for the request.

Please check if this window can be closed manually by simply pressing Enter (or Ctrl-Enter), as such windows can be closed usually.

If this is the case then you can create specific settings for this window and enable there the Run Keyboard Macro action at startup, then specify the single <Enter> (or <Ctrl-Enter>) as a macro sequence.

I have similar issues with some programs, and the Run Macro feature saves me tons of time and nerves every day :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register