Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.8.2 bug when choosing a startup size for window , Bug in Actual Window Manager when choosing a startup size for Win Expl » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2318

Alan C

Posted: 05/15/2016 05:58:01

Hi,

I recently purchased Actual Windows Manager and I am using it on Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Here is a bug that I noticed related to creating a "Specific Settings" for WIndows explorer.

After creating a new specific setting for WIn explorer, in the Position Tab, I did the following:

1.  Position Tab > “Change Window Position Automatically” > “Move at startup to monitor” > “Having mouse pointer” = checked.

2. Size Tab > At Startup: Size = 1200 X 300 pixels

After doing above and saving the settings, now whenver I open a windows explorer window ON A SECONDARY MONITOR (from a Pinned windows explorer on the secondary monitor taskbar), the window appears to be minimized and you cannot expand it. The only solution is to kill the windows from the windows task manager.

So, essentiallly, you cannot set a Startup size for a window. If you do, then on a secondary monitor, it will open minimized and you will have to kill it.

NOTE: The problem happens only when you open a window on ANY SECONDARY MONITOR.

It works correctly on the PRIMARY MONITOR.

This problem probably occurs with any program (not just win explorer).

When can you fix this problem?

NOTE: I have sent this email and the configuration to technical support as well.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/17/2016 06:03:44

Hello, Alan

I was unable to reproduce the issue both with 8.8.2 version and with 8.8.3 version using your configuration files.

Could you please check whether the issue persists in the most recent version 8.8.3?

What DPI are you using for your monitors?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 05/18/2016 10:49:36

Could you also see whether the issue persists for some other applications, for example, notepad?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register