Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Chrome Browser Disappears when using alt+tab , Chrome Browser Disappears when using alt+tab » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3896

Kane Elias

Posted: 04/07/2016 12:59:14

I am running Actual Multiple Monitors 8.5 on Windows 10 and have noticed that when I use alt + tab to switch between windows, all my windows are there except for Chrome Browser.

If I shut down AMM and use alt+tab Chrome reappears again. This is the only program I have found affected by this bug.

Thanks

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/08/2016 01:51:19

Hello, Kane

Do you have several monitors or do you have one monitor?

If you have several monitors and you have system taskbar on the primary monitor, could you move the Chrome window to the primary monitor and try to bring the task switcher again and see whether the problem persists in this case. Let us know the results.

Best regards.

Kane Elias

Posted: 04/08/2016 07:45:42

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have two external monitors coming from my laptop so three screens all together.

When Chrome disappears it is not on my primary monitor. When I have Chrome moved to my Primary monitor alt+tab shows the chrome window. It seems it only disappears when Chrome is not on the primary monitor.

Additionally, if I check in settings of AMM replace the system task bar chrome then appears on the secondary monitor when pressing alt+tab

Having this checked though means I lose Kortana so I would prefer to keep the system task bar and have chrome appear on the secondary monitor.

Any additional info required, please let me know.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/08/2016 16:08:29

Kane,

This is a known problem, we'll try to fix it.

When the Windows system taskbar is enabled, task switcher displays only the windows that are placed on the primary monitor. For now, as workaround, you can enable the Mirror or Mixed mode in the Multi-monitor Taskbar and Task Switcher section of the AMM configuration module. This will let task switcher display all open windows.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/28/2017 21:04:05

Hello, Kane

When Chrome disappears it is not on my primary monitor. When I have Chrome moved to my Primary monitor alt+tab shows the chrome window. It seems it only disappears when Chrome is not on the primary monitor.

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Multiple Monitors 8.11.1 and our other products as well. Please update your program to the latest version or download the latest version, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register