Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Windows 10 Application Title bar issues. , Windows 10 Application Title bar issues. » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6383

Daniel Anderson

Posted: 04/04/2016 13:44:41

I am running Microsoft Windows 10 with "Automatically pick an accent colour from my background" turned on within the windows desktop theme. With every change of background the accent colour changes on the title bar and task bar.
The title bar text, minimise, maximise and close button colours are normally "black", "grey" or white depending on the accent colour. When switching between inactive and active windows, accent colour or white. This can lead to the Actual Window Manager buttons been very hard to see (White buttons go missing on inactive windows and black buttons get lost in dark accent colours).

I have played with the skin.xml file to try to fix the problem above for myself with no success.

Code
<skin>
  <skininfo>Aero Style Windows 10.</skininfo>
  <include>Aero_NormalColor</include>
</skin>

I have also noticed that the button image shadow is larger than the title bar. When highlighted, the shadow box extends below the title bar into the window or menu bar. This looks weird when compared next to the minimise, maximise and close buttons which don't have this effect.

The picture attached is a poor example of what is happening for me.

Wish list for fixes
1. Active Window Manager button icons and shadow used the same colour and size properties as minimise, maximise and close buttons used in current windows theme.
2. The ability to customise the order the AWM buttons on title bar.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/08/2016 00:17:50

Hello, Daniel

We'll consider your request about the title buttons color.

I have also noticed that the button image shadow is larger than the title bar.
Have you noticed this with other programs than Firefox?

Wish list for fixes
2. The ability to customise the order the AWM buttons on title bar.
AWM has this ability: go to Default Settings/particular Specific Settings > Title buttons tab
Select the title button which you want to move (click on its item in the list) and move it using the arrows from the list of the actions (see the attached screenshot). By changing the position of the button in the list, you change its position on the titlebar: the higher position in the list the closer button to the native title buttons.

Best regards.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/04/2016 15:47:07

Just wanted to add my support to the titlebar colour matching the Win10 button colours. I have a dark green accent, and using Vivaldi it changes it's titlebar colour to match the active tab, but generally is quite dark. The system buttons are almost always white for me and AWM buttons black on dark which is hard to see.

I also noticed in Vivaldi that the system 'hover background' is a slightly darker version of the titlebar colour, and AWM buttons have _no_ hover background change. On other windows, the system 'hover background' is a lighter version of the accent colour, whereas AWM buttons have the darker version. All very inconsistent for some reason! Attached are screenshots of the light vs dark vs non-existent hover colours I see in AWM Config (top) and Vivaldi (bottom) windows.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/05/2016 14:35:03

Hello, David

We'll consider your remarks.

About the problem with Vivaldi: the title buttons don't work for Vivaldi and this is a known problem. I can confirm, that sometimes (when you first click on the working area of the Vivaldi window) title buttons don't change their color while mouse hovering over them, but this probably associated with the known title buttons problem.
I was able to make the title buttons in Vivaldi change their color by first clicking outside the Vivaldi window and then pointing them with the mouse pointer.

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 07/05/2016 14:54:51

The shadow isn't a big thing - just wanted to make sure it was known about! I use XMouse too, and haven't been able to get your recipe for getting the shadows back to work yet, but perhaps that's because of the focus thing.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 10/18/2018 18:37:10

Hello, David

I also noticed in Vivaldi that the system 'hover background' is a slightly darker version of the titlebar colour, and AWM buttons have _no_ hover background change.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.2 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register