Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Mirror Monitor not working in game , Mirror Monitor not working in game » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2140

Victor Rodrigue

Posted: 03/31/2016 18:36:48

Hi.

Windows 7 64 bit.
3 monitor nvidia surround display, with an additional accessory monitor.

Successfully set up and used Multiple Monitors to mirror portions of my desktop (on surround display) to the accessory monitor. They are setup to pop-up with hotkeys and work great.

A game gets loaded (X3 Terran Conflict).  The mirrored portions of the surround display no longer pop-up with the hot keys. It appears that Multiple monitors does not function during gameplay. Is this the case?

I have the whole suite of Actual Windows manager loaded, as I can use the Window Settings to control the pop-up mirrored displays.

thanks for any help.
-Vic

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/31/2016 21:32:28

Hello, Victor

Are you runing Actual Multiple Monitors or Actual Window Manager? What version are you running?

Is the part of the desktop displayed on the accessory monitor, when you launch the game or the accessory monitor becomes black?

Have you tried to launch the game after start of the mirroring?

Best regards.

Victor Rodrigue

Posted: 04/01/2016 00:26:52

I am running Actual Window Manager 8.7

The accessory monitor only shows the desktop background. It does not ever turn black.

I have launched the game after mirroring. If I remember correctly, the mirrored portion did not update within the accessory monitor. (It was late last night, so unsure.) I do know that pressing the hot key did not bring up the mirror. Once the game was closed, I was able to use the hot key with desired results no probelm.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/01/2016 14:07:25

Victor,

Does this game have fullscreen (windowed) or windowed modes? Try to run the game in these modes and see whether the game is displayed in the mirror.

Also try to temporarily disable the surround mode, run the game fullscreen on one of the monitors and make a mirror of the part of this monitor. See whether the game is displayed in the mirror.

Let us know the results.

Victor Rodrigue

Posted: 04/01/2016 17:57:37

Last night I confirmed that when the game runs, the mirrored screen turns black.

I will investigate further this weekend and report back.

thanks for the help.

Victor Rodrigue

Posted: 04/05/2016 18:19:20

So far;

I ran the game in a windowed mode with a portion of the monitor mirrored.

This worked.  The resulting mirror copy was very laggy.  Also, I was not able to open or close the mirror with the hot keys.

I have not tried to run it with surround turned off, yet.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register