Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Question on Posibilityes , Pre Sales question » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2481

Thomas Bernthaler

Posted: 03/25/2016 21:44:27

Hi,

I am very frustrated on some issues with dual screen on windows 10. I would like to find out if your product would allow me to get this done.

I have a dual screen configuration with extended display setup where the Second screen is a TV. The TV screen is there for a CCTV display that only works in Internet Explorer using a AtiveX control that comes with the CCTV DVR. I can open Internet Explorer and move it to the secondary screen and make Internet Explorer to full screen, which as desired makes it full screen on the second display (TV). However once I sel ect Full screen in the ActiveX control which is shows my 16 cameras of the CCTV DVR, it opens the full screen on the primary monitor instead of the same screen the Internet Explorer ActiveX control is running on and there seems to be no way to move it from the primary to the secondary screen.

However if I go to the display manager and make the secondary screen (TV) primary all works well. The problem here is that of course all my icons are moved to the "New" primary screen (TV) and any application also I open opens up on the new primary screen/TV. This is of course not feasible because the TV is 10 meters away fr om me.

I played with the setting, for example is I set the TV as primary and than open the ActiveX control full screen, it opens up on the TV, after it opened I tried to go into the Display Setting and switch back to my Monitor as primary, this actually works and the ActiveX control stays on the screen it opened (old primary screen). But than IE crashes and if I open it back up it is back to the same issue.

Is there something I do not get or is this some limitation in windows?

Alternatively, is there a way to make a virtual desktop that lets me slip the screen as 2 entirely separate screens? In the settings I only find: duplicate screen, extend screen, only show 1 or only show 2. But nothing allows 2 screens as separate desktops.  Is there some hack to tell IE to open any full screen AxtiveX function in the same window that IE is running and not open it on the primary screen? I am over 3 hours into this and I am slowly do not have any more hair to pull out ;-)

Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/27/2016 00:04:50

Hello, Thomas

Is the problem that you're describing here associated with our software or it appears even when our software is not installed and running?

Could you send us a screenshot of the mentioned ActiveX control? Does it have its own maximize button?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register