Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[Fixed] Poor recognition of Remote Desktop , Recognition of Remote Desktop is not persistent » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8313

Marc Salvatori

Posted: 08/22/2007 14:32:07

My remote desktop starts up full-screen.  When I defined a rule for it, everything looked good with the extra AWM control buttons showing up in its windowized state.  When I closed Remote Desktop, restarted  and windowized it, AWM did not recognize it.  I suspect that AWM is getting caught up with the unusual full-screen window frame (ie, no visible frame except for the dynamic yellow drop-down bar).  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2007 03:48:38

Hello Marc,

Please specify what version of AWM do you use.

Marc Salvatori

Posted: 08/23/2007 10:34:38

I am using version 4.5, Michael.

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/23/2007 23:09:20

Could you please turn on Windows Monitoring Log and see there what window rule has been applied to your Remote Desktop. Thanks in advance for information.  

Marc Salvatori

Posted: 08/24/2007 20:25:21

Thank you for pointing out Windows Monitoring Log.  I had not yet become acquainted with it.  With Remote Desktop maximized, when I pull down the "yellow bar" and minimize Remote Desktop, this is what is entered in the log:

Event:  New Window
Rule/Exclusion Name:  Default Settings
Window Class:  BaseBar
Window Title:  null
Program:  C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

The rule specifies that the Target Window, Window Class is TSSHELLWND.  AWM appears to have difficulty with Remote Desktop's "yellow bar" layout.  So, the resulting window ends up with only the three standard Windows buttons.  If I right-click the title bar and Reapply Settings, the AWM buttons appear.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/30/2007 04:49:28

Marc,

Are you sure that this log information belongs to Remote Desktop? We have tried to reproduce the situation, applying window class: TSSHELLWND, no bug detected. Therefore could you please specify what behavior did you try to achieve?

Marc Salvatori

Posted: 09/10/2007 15:09:11

I am very certain.  The attached log image indicates three events occurring when I start up an RD session.  Because I have several RD sessions open to various servers, this particular RD rule has a Window Caption substring of "ntserver16".  I suspect that AWM is responding only to the first event, resulting in no AWM buttons when I windowize the initially maximized RD window.  Win-F5 causes the missing buttons to materialize.  From that point on, the RD buttons are retained when I maximize and then windowize.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 09/10/2007 23:34:13

We have finally checked your configuration files and can say that you were quite right saying that AWM is getting caught up with the unusual full-screen window frame. The matter is that in the recent v4.5 there is no such feature because there is not a great number of applications working in such a way.

Considering the fact that Remote Desktop is a wide-spread application we decided to implement the required functionality in the forthcoming v 5.0. so thank you for your feature request.

Before the final release the only possible way-out is Win-F5.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/29/2008 23:42:39

The fix is available in the final release of version 5.0

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help