Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] Tool tray icons on secondary monitors not refreshing » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2488

Timothy Land

Posted: 03/15/2016 23:14:14

Hello.  I recently downloaded a trial version of Actual Window Manager, v8.7.  My configuration is a Windows 7 Professional, SP1 laptop with 3 external monitors (making a total of 4 screens).  One of these external monitors, which is also my primary monitor, is DVI-attached to my laptop; the two other external monitors are USB-attached using USB-monitor adapters from EVGA (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-U3-UV39-KR), and DisplayLink driver software (one of your business partners).

I have a number of status-oriented icons in my Windows tool tray.  While all of these icons also appear on my secondary monitors (a nice feature), they don't appear to refresh properly.  For example, I have one tool tray icon that indicates that I have new mail in my inbox.  But when mail is received, only my primary monitor's tool tray reflects the change in the status icon; the other monitors still show the original, non-augmented icon.  I would have expected that all of the tool tray icons that are shared across all of the monitors would all reflect exactly the same state, at all times.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/16/2016 01:44:31

Hello, Timothy

Could you name the applications (names, versions), whose icons don't refresh properly on our taskbars?

Does it happen with all applications, whose icons refresh this way?

Best regards.

Timothy Land

Posted: 03/29/2016 20:58:14

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the feedback.  After I rebooted my machine, the problem has cleared.  The status icon for my Lotus Notes mail application is now consistently reporting on all secondary monitors.  I would consider this problem closed for now.

Thanks again. :)

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register