Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AutoCAD 2016 and Windows 10 , AMM not working as intended with specific software » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2133

Antonis Kosmopoulos

Posted: 02/16/2016 22:47:41

Hello,

In the case of AutoCAD 2016 under Windows 10 (but also under Windows 7 I think), AMM toolbar, although visible, is not "on top" of the underlying AutoCAD toolbars (or most probably is overriden by AutoCAD toolbars) and cannot be clicked.
That wouldn't be too much of the problem, but hotkey combo Win+/ sends to the other monitor ONLY the command line toolbar of AutoCAD. I tried assigning specific settings for several parts of the AutoCAD window with different class IDs using the crosshair target tool as well as the "Select Window fr om List" option, without success.

Any ideas?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/26/2016 18:23:10

Hello, Antonis

AMM toolbar, although visible, is not "on top" of the underlying AutoCAD toolbars (or most probably is overriden by AutoCAD toolbars) and cannot be clicked.
This is a known issue, which also persisted in the previous versions of AutoCAD. This is due perculiarity of the AutoCAD window – this window is not a standard window and AutoCAD toolbars implemented as separate windows, which explains why you can't click AMM title buttons in the area where they overlap AutoCAD toolbars.

It also explains why only the command line toolbar is moved when you hit the "Move to next monitor" hotkey: it is implemented as a separate window, and quickly becomes active as soon as you press any key. So the hotkey command is applied to the command line "window".
You can make active the main AutoCAD window and try to press the hotkey buttons quick and very synchronously, so that the command line toolbar/window wouldn't become active. In this case the main window will be moved succesfully, but the command line will stay on the same monitor.

We'll try to fix this, but, again, these problems are associated with AutoCAD window perculiarity.

Best regards.

Antonis Kosmopoulos

Posted: 02/26/2016 18:28:22

Thank you Bogdan,

As I'm also a programmer I understand the issue. They (Autodesk) have the command line window as a separate PID, which is always "on top" and "active".
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Best regards.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/26/2016 18:34:44

Also you can attach the command line toolbar to the main window, so that it wasn't a "free" toolbar and in this case the hotkey will work properly.

Antonis Kosmopoulos

Posted: 02/26/2016 18:36:24

Thank you, that's what I did (at the cost of some screen space  ;) )

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register