Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «changing monitors via hotkey , changing monitors via hotkey doesn't work correct with Windows 10 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2104

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/12/2016 02:50:10

Hello,

I have got seven monitors. Every monitor arrangement is assigned to a hotkey.
For example when I click ctrl+alt+7 all monitors are active and when I click ctr+alt+4 only four monitors are active. More accurate, its my aim that it would work like that.
But the monitors behave different. The problems occur unpredictable (I guess).
Sometimes I use for example 3 Monitors and I use the hotkey to change to 7 monitors, 2 monitors are dissapeared.
When I look in AWM profile it seems that there are only 5 monitors attached to the computer.
When I click right mouse button on the desktop and call the Windows tool for changing monitor arrangement, I can see that two monitors are deactivated.

Am I doing anything wrong or is it a bug?

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/13/2016 17:25:39

Hello, Nils

What OS (name, 32- or 64- bit) are you running?

What our product (name, version) are you running?

What interfaces do you use to connect the monitors to your PC?

Is the number of disappered monitors different every time?

Does the hotkeys work properly sometimes?

When I look in AWM profile it seems that there are only 5 monitors attached to the computer
Do you mean there are shown only 5 monitors and the Windows settings show all 7 monitors but two of them disabled?

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/14/2016 01:27:46

Dear Bogdan,

What OS (name, 32- or 64- bit) are you running?
64-bit

What our product (name, version) are you running?
Normally 8.2.2, at the moment version 8.7. It happens with both versions.

Two Geforce GTX 750 TI OC graphic cards

No, but they are often the same.

Does the hotkeys work properly sometimes?
Yes.

When I look in AWM profile it seems that there are only 5 monitors attached to the computer
Do you mean there are shown only 5 monitors and the Windows settings show all 7 monitors but two of them disabled?

Yes

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/15/2016 17:26:30

Nils

In what version of Windows do you have this problem? In both Windows 10 and 8.1?

I meant interfaces like DVI, HDMI. Maybe you use some adapters?

No, but they are often the same.
Do you mean when this happens it is always two monitors disabled, but can be different monitors?

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 02/21/2016 06:38:29

Hello Bogdan,

I have problems with both systems, but me Windows 8.1 isn't important anymore.

you can comprehend the connections between displays and computer based on the attached image.
All cables and connectors are high quality items in industrial quality from molex and I tested several pieces in order to be almost sure that they aren't defective.

Most frequently the monitors A5 and A7 make problems, but sometimes also other monitors make problems.

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 02/28/2016 14:13:32

Nils,

Most frequently the monitors A5 and A7 make problems, but sometimes also other monitors make problems.
Does the problem affect all monitors, or there are monitors that will never be disabled when they should be enabled in the particular profile?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support)? Please, do it when all your seven monitors enabled. Add a link to this topic to the email.

Nils Harmeling

Posted: 03/03/2016 17:11:23

Dear Bogdan,

I will test soon which displays make problems and then I will tell it to you. Configuration file was just sent. At the moment there aren't these problems anymore, because I disabled the AWM desktop profiles and activated them in display fusion. Then it works. And for both I have got a license. But next days I will do tests without DisplayFusion and send the results to you.

Best regards
Nils

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/21/2016 16:18:10

Nils,

We weren't able to reproduce the issue or track it using your configuration files.

Do you mind installing the custom build of Actual Window Manager, which could help us to track the issue by collecting the additional technical information?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register