Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Specify windows behavior? » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2366

Mike Davis

Posted: 01/06/2016 02:55:53

I have AMM and a 7 monitor set-up, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to specify that all new windows that open on a monitor screen open to Maximized size, as opposed to some size that is only half screen, or maybe 90% of maximum, which seems to be the default behavior on my system.

I'm also trying to correct an odd issue, where my installed Fujitsu ScanSnap 1500 new document scanned "save as" window always opens on the very far leftmost monitor, instead of the windows 7 primary monitor, which is the center monitor, or the monitor having the mouse pointer.  I have tried moving the window in question to the primary monitor then closing it, hoping this behavior would be remembered by windows, but it continues to open on the leftmost monitor despite this.

I have been exploring in the AMM "Windows settings" configuration screen, and see there are program rules, i.e. MD Word open on monitor having pointer, etc., but I can't seem to figure out how to add a unlisted program for windows settings control by AMM, other than the programs that are already present on that AMM configuration screen, for example MS Word, MS Excel, Google Chrome, etc. by default is seems.

I would really be grateful for any help or advice you can offer at all, as these issues have been causing me a huge amount of frustration and re-sizing, moving, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/10/2016 17:29:04

Hello, Mike

Sorry for the delay, we were on holidays.

Do these two problems (with windows opening in half-screen size and with the ScanSnap "save as" window) persist when our program (AMM) is not started?

If they do, then you can try to correct this behavior by adjusting the settings in AMM. Although there is no such option as "Open the window as Maximized at Startup" in AMM, you can set windows to be expanded automatically onto any of your monitors (not maximized) by using the Desktop Divider feature and Put into Divider tile on startup action (AMM Configuraton module > Windows Settings > corresponding Specific Settings > Startup tab > Put into Divider tile). Leave the Desktop Divider layout tiles arrangement for the monitor the way it was upon creating new layout – the monitor has only one big tile which coincide this monitor. Then set particular window to be put into this tile on startup.

The "Open as Maximized at Startup" option is more convenient, and it is not presented in AMM, but presented in our other products (Actual Window Manager and some others).

About the second issue: you can set this window to be opened at particular monitor of your setup. You need either to enable and set the Move to monitor option of the Default Settings to Having Mouse Pointer  (AMM Configuraton module > Windows Settings > Default Settings > Startup tab > Move to Monitor) or create the Specific Settings for that window and set the same option in the Specific Settings, but you can specify the exact monitor.

Here's a guide on How to Create Specific Settings for a Particular Window.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register