Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Windows 10 Virtual Desktops , Use of Windows 10 Virtual Desktops with multple monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6723

Rick Langevoort

Posted: 12/28/2015 12:22:29

Hi, I kind of like the virtual desktop of Windows. I know AWM has this functionality as well, but I want to use the Windows 10 version of it.

I have multiple monitors however and, with AWM enabled, I only get a new "clean" desktop on my main screen when I add one. The rest of the monitors show all apps of all virtual desktops on them.

Is there a setting in AWM that deals with this? I do like the independent desktop feature of AWM, however I'd like them to not be THAT independent; it would be best if they are independent within a certain (virtual)desktop, but not between virtual desktops. Besides, I can't seem to create another virtual desktop on another than the main monitor anyway (not that this is what I would want but, if the preferred option of each virtual desktop working on all monitors isn't possible, that would be an option I can live with too).

Thanks,
Rick

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/28/2015 16:57:04

Hello, Rick

I have multiple monitors however and, with AWM enabled, I only get a new "clean" desktop on my main screen when I add one. The rest of the monitors show all apps of all virtual desktops on them.
I don't quite understand what you mean.

Are you talking about adding a new virtual desktop in AWM or in Windows 10?

Do other monitors have virtual desktops? What is the taskbar mode (Individual, Mirror or Mixed)?

Could you describe more detailed how you'd like the virtual desktops to be implemented?

I can't seem to create another virtual desktop on another than the main monitor anyway
Do you mean nothing happens when you're trying to create a virtual desktop for other monitors?

Rick Langevoort

Posted: 12/28/2015 20:17:07

Yeah sorry, I can see where it all gets a bit confusing.....

Are you talking about adding a new virtual desktop in AWM or in Windows 10?

I'm talking about adding a new virtual desktop in Windows 10. It doesn't matter on which monitor I click the "New Desktop" button; it always gets added to the main screen only.

Do other monitors have virtual desktops? What is the taskbar mode (Individual, Mirror or Mixed)?

My taskbar mode in AWM is "Individual". And no; other screens do not get a virtual desktop; only the main screen gets one.

Could you describe more detailed how you'd like the virtual desktops to be implemented?

What I would like is to get an entire new desktop, across all monitors. I do get that when I pause AWM but, of course, I do not have taskbars on the other screens then.

Do you mean nothing happens when you're trying to create a virtual desktop for other monitors?

Not exactly. A new virtual desktop is indeed added, but it is added to the main screen; not to the screen where I click the "New Desktop" button.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/29/2015 13:15:06

Rick,

The problem has been confirmed.

We'll try to fix it.

As workaround now you can use the Mirror mode for the AWM taskbar, but in this case AWM taskbar still displays icons for windows from all virtual desktops which open on the secondary monitor, but the windows are displayed correctly.

What I would like is to get an entire new desktop, across all monitors. I do get that when I pause AWM but, of course, I do not have taskbars on the other screens then.
The classic mode of AWM taskbar does exactly what you've described. Does it suit your needs?

Best regards.

Rick Langevoort

Posted: 12/29/2015 20:15:17

Hi thanks,

I'll await the fix then. I really DO like the individual mode of the taskbars; much more than I like a virtual desktop.

The perfect solution would be exactly that, but then per virtual desktop.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/04/2016 19:56:56

Rick,

Sorry for the inaccuracy, i meant classic mode of AWM Virtual Desktops. Have you tried it?

Rick Langevoort

Posted: 01/04/2016 20:04:41

What is the classic mode of AWM? Where do I set that?

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 01/05/2016 16:30:11

Rick,

AWM Configuration module > Virtual Desktops > Virtual Desktops Options section > Mode > Classic

Rick Langevoort

Posted: 01/05/2016 20:24:16

Ah ok, but that's just the point; I do not use the virtual desktop functionality of AWM... I want to use the Windows 10 virtual desktop instead.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 07/28/2017 22:12:34

Hello, Rick

I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.11.1 and our other products as well. Please update your program to the latest version or download the latest version, install it and confirm the fix.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register