Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] AMM - Taskbar Pinning not working Windows 10 , No pinned icons are showing » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 5726

Andrew Walker

Posted: 12/19/2015 20:52:04

Is there a way to simply reset the AMM taskbar cache?  This was working fine and then after I switched some of my monitors to different outputs on my video card everything broke.  I know the icons are already pinned because when I search for them and right click the only option I get is unpin from taskbar.  Also when I switch off the AMM taskbar and go back to the windows default all my pinned icons are there.  I've tried disabling and re-enabling the AMM taskbar as well as un-pinning and re-pinning the icons.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

System Config:
Windows 10 pro
Actual multiple montiors version 8.6.2 installed
NVIDIA 660 TI

Monitor Config:
3 monitors, 2 1080p monitors configured as clones and 1 4k monitor set as main display.
When this was working my 4k was connected to my DVI-D connector, and my other 1080p monitors were connected to my dvi-i connector and my display port using a display port to HDMI adapter.  

I changed the monitor connected configuration because I wanted to be able to connect my Oculus rift dk2 at the same time my other 3 monitors were connected, but my previous display port to hdmi adapter was only hdmi 1.3 and would not accomidate 4k.  When I changed the monitor config I connected the 4k to display port with the new adapter, connected one of my 1080p monitors (the one on hdmi) to the HDMI port directly, and then connected my oculus to the DVI-D port using a DVI to HDMI adapter.  After making this change is when taskbar pinning in AMM broke.  It is probably also important to note for reproduction troubleshooting purposes that my computer was on and AMM was running when I switched my monitor cables around.
I noticed that even though windows retained my monitor position and configuration I had to re-configure AMM desktop background picture settings.

Thanks,

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/21/2015 18:43:59

Hello, Andrew

Seems like the numbering of the monitors changed after you've switched your monitors, and it causes this problem.

Do you have this problem on all monitors?

Are you able to pin an app, which was previously pinned to the certain taskbar but now its icon disappeared? What does the context menu says? Could you give us a screenshot?

Andrew Walker

Posted: 12/21/2015 23:04:33

I have my taskbar set to clone in AMM settings, so to answer your question yes I have this problem on all monitors.  No I am not able to pin any apps to the AMM taskbars, when I click pin app (on a never before pinned app) nothing gets pinned to the AMM taskbar, but it does get pinned to the windows taskbar (meaning it is there when I close AMM).  Attached is some screenshots. The monitor numbering did not change within windows after I moved cables.  The two cloned monitors were identified as 1/3 before/after swapping cables and the 4k monitor was identified in windows as 2 both before and after swapping cables.

I have attached some screenshots, on a side note when I try to re-enable multi-monitor taskbar I get some weird interface latency as soon as the display change setting window pops up that makes it hard to click yes to accept the changes.  Furthermore the AMM window flashes on and off really fast too, the only way to make it stop is to ctrl-alt-del, then escape out, then click yes to accept the display changes.  I was unable to get a good screenshot of that because of the rapid window flashing.

As you can see in the attached photo I have AMM taskbar on in mirror mode, and the right click menu says unpin from taskbar, but clearly the icon is not pinned to my taskbar on either monitor.  I can click unpin and re-pin until the cows come home and no icons ever get pinned to the AMM taskbar.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/23/2015 14:42:09

Andrew,

The Mirror mode doesn't mean that all taskbars will have the same set of pinned icons, mirroring here is regarding only to the icons for open windows.

Do the backup of your current configuration (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Backup), then delete the Actual Multiple Monitors folder from %appdata%/Actual Tools directory.
Also run the regedit.exe (Windows 10 taskbar search > type regedit.exe there and run it), open the following branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Actual Tools > Actual Multiple Monitors > Command Center > Plugins > MultimonTaskbar
then delete taskbar_states parameter and enabled_taskbars parameter.

Then run Actual Multiple Monitors and see whether it helps. Let us know the results.

Andrew Walker

Posted: 12/24/2015 01:31:41

I tried all the things you suggested and still a no go.  Same basic problem.  I've attached a couple more screenshots so you can see all the icons I normally have pinned when AMM is closed and also a screenshot of the unpin from taskbar option with AMM open and clearly the icon is not pinned to the AMM taskbar.  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Could I just uninstall AMM, delete all registry entries/folders, and re-install?

The forums will not let me upload my screenshot, apparently 2.46MB is too large, so here is a google drive link to the screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sCkmBhgWZEam1LQ0VyRjJaU3c/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sCkmBhgWZET0ZWclBCeW5rb1U/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/24/2015 13:51:43

Andrew,

The Pin to taskbar item of the Shortcut that you're using is not supposed to pin to our taskbars. It is s system feature, so it pins to the system taskbar.

To pin to AMM taskbars you must use the "Pin this program to the taskbar" item of the certain program jumplist (right click on the icon of the open program on AMM taskbar) or use Drag-and-Drop action for shortcuts from the desltop.

Best regards.

Andrew Walker

Posted: 12/24/2015 14:55:04

Well thank you, maybe I had pinned items to it that way before and just forgot about it.  Then when I swapped my monitors around something happened to the saved/pinned icon list for AMM.  Thanks for the simple solution.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register