Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Move to other monitor button not working with Paint.NET , Move to other monitor button not working with Paint.NET » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3133

Frank Gump

Posted: 11/12/2015 03:59:42

I am using the AMM v8.6 on Win7 Pro x64 and have noticed that some windows will not move when clicking the "Move to monitor" button that is displayed next to the minimize and maximize buttons.  An example of a program that this doesn't work with is Paint.NET v4.06.  If I click on the button to move the windows to my other screen (when it's maximized)- nothing happens.  If I then de-maximize the window, the "move to monitor" button from AMM stays up in the corner of the screen and does not move with the Paint.NET title bar/caption.

Kind Regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/12/2015 15:25:34

Hello, Frank

I was unable to reproduce the issue with paint.net. Does it happen everytime for you?

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools section > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add the link to this topic to the email.

Best regards.

Frank Gump

Posted: 11/12/2015 23:36:45

Thank you for the prompt reply.  Yes, this happens to be every time with this app (and another called "QuickBuild" which I use here at work from a company called Cognex).  

It's weird because when I move the window manually to my other screen, the icon/button that AMM puts up in the title bar stays on my previous screen (stuck on my desktop) until I close Paint.NET.

If you require any more information or testing, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2015 15:16:36

Frank,

The problem with paint.net has been confirmed. The title buttons stop working after opening file in paint.net. Could you test it yourself and tell us if you can confirm this.

About the second program. As i understand, QuickBuild is a part of VisionPro application made by COGNEX. Am i right? What version of this program are you running?

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 11/16/2015 23:37:30

Yes, this is indeed correct - good catch!  If I start Paint.NET the title buttons work correctly, but as soon as I open a file they quit working.

The second program is QuickBuild (part of VisionPro by Cognex).  The version we are using is an older version 7.2.  I just tried it again and it seems to be working correctly.  Perhaps the issue was related to something else.

Kind Regards

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 11/17/2015 16:17:57

Nelson,

Let us know, if the problem with QuickBuild appears again.

Best regards.

Nelson Lopes

Posted: 12/15/2015 02:05:30

Any updates on this issue?  There have been several releases since this issue was posted and no fix yet.  I would love for this to work with Paint.NET and also be able to move sub-windows around without having the tile buttons getting suck where they were drawn (actually move with the window title).  Perhaps there are other applications that exhibit the same issues as Paint.NET?

Thank you,
Nelson

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 12/16/2015 12:58:32

Hello, Nelson

Unfortunately we weren't able to proceed to work on this issue yet. We'll inform you when it is fixed.

Best regards.

David P
Advanced user

Posted: 07/25/2024 19:56:32

A decade later this still doesn't seem to be fixed?

I can't get any title buttons or keyboard actions on paint.net, unfortunately.

Please advise.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register