Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «idp.alexa.51 on Latest Install , AVG Free Marked as Threat » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 8542

Marc Scirri

Posted: 10/13/2015 18:07:42

I am running Windows 8.1 and just installed the latest version via the auto-updater that appears via taskbar notification.  When I restarted my PC to initiate the update AVG displayed a warning saying that ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter contained idp.alexa.51 and stated it as a threat.  I removed it and now no longer have access to the application. Please advise.

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/ww-en/virus-and-malware-information/content/generic-virus/?name=IDP.ALEXA.51&utm_source=TDPU&utm_medium=IDP&PRTYPE=AVF

Marc Scirri

Posted: 10/13/2015 18:16:02

I tried a clean install. I uninstalled the entire thing, downloaded the latest installer and now I get the attached.  :!:   I am just going to not use the software until this gets resolved.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/15/2015 00:21:45

Marc,

Thank you for the report. It's surely a false positive detection based on the system mechanisms our software uses to extend other applications. You should ignore this warning and allow the installation - we guarantee that our files are clean and safe to use. All our executable files are digitally signed. You can check the correctness and integrity of this signature after the installation before running AMM. Also, you can upload the suspicious files to VirusTotal.com to scan them with plenty of security software and see the total threat rate.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login