Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register


Topic: «Installation language ... , ... is always German » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 849
 
David Lomas
Advanced user
 
Posts: 325
Joined: 16.03.2006
Posted: 01.09.2015 15:32:23
 
 
For the last few updates (beta and full), the installer has appeared in German for me. Not a huge problem, and the app is in the system language (English). Just a bit odd...

Also, after clicking 'open' on the installer, the Windows 8.1 built-in antimalware ran for about 3-4 minutes before the installer itself opened. I noticed that happened on the last beta installer too. Perhaps there's a build issue with the installers?

Tx,

David.
 
Top
Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: 09.11.2010
Posted: 04.09.2015 15:07:41
 
 
Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

Quote
For the last few updates (beta and full), the installer has appeared in German for me. Not a huge problem, and the app is in the system language (English). Just a bit odd...
Please specify your System UI Language and User UI Language.

Quote
Also, after clicking 'open' on the installer, the Windows 8.1 built-in antimalware ran for about 3-4 minutes before the installer itself opened. I noticed that happened on the last beta installer too. Perhaps there's a build issue with the installers?
Please specify your web browser (name, version).
 
Top
David Lomas
Advanced user
 
Posts: 325
Joined: 16.03.2006
Posted: 05.02.2016 17:38:50
 
 
Just a note to say the same thing just happened on the 8.7 installer. First, clicking to run the downloaded file appeared to do nothing for 1-2 minutes. I could see that MsMpEng.exe was running quite hard. Eventually, the Windows SmartScreen Filter popped up saying something like it was a potential hazard to run and I had to click 'Learn More' to get an option to carry on.

Finally, the installer launched, but the default language sel ected was Deutsch again, not English which is what I installed as last time. Note I suspect this is simply because it is the first item in the droplist, not that it is being explicitly selected. Obviously I can change this (if I spot it in time), but it's not the most elegant user experience :).

I'm running on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, and upgrading fr om AWM 8.6.2. System UI and User UI are both English (UK), and web browser is Chrome Portable Version 47.0.2526.111
 
Top
David Lomas
Advanced user
 
Posts: 325
Joined: 16.03.2006
Posted: 05.02.2016 17:40:08
 
 
Just FYI, after I started the installation, all other previously selected options (such as installation location, etc.) _were_ picked up correctly. It's only the language which seems to get reset every time.
 
Top
Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: 04.04.2012
Posted: 08.02.2016 16:36:10
 
 
Hello, David.

The issue with the SmartScreen message has been confirmed, we'll try to fix it.

But the problems with long time of launching of the setup file (apparently associated with Windows Defender) and with default installation language requires further investigation.

I'll post here, if i need any additional information from you.
 
Top
Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: 04.04.2012
Posted: 09.02.2016 15:19:37
 
 
David,

The SmartScreen warning is apparently associated with some peculiarity of Windows 10, because the installation file for 8.7 launches without these problems on Windows 7 and 8, and the file has the valid Actual Tools digital signature and you can see it yourself (installation file properties > Digital Signatures).

The long time of launching associated with Windows Defender is normal behavior and depends on several factors. Does it take the same long time when you launch the file repeatedly?

Does the issue with default installation language repeats after you've chose English and installed the program? Could you begin the installation again and see whether the default language is English now?
 
Top
David Lomas
Advanced user
 
Posts: 325
Joined: 16.03.2006
Posted: 09.02.2016 15:50:32
 
 
Hi - re Smartscreen, I'm running on Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit (see my post on 05.02.2016 17:38:50). So not entirely sure that's just a Win10 thing.

On second launch, it's very fast and also selects the correct language. I wonder if Defender's actions is causing the language problem also? I also redownloaded the file, and again it was fast and had the correct language. This seems to happen every time the version changes. Perhaps Defender recognises it as an identical file... who knows!

At least we have a culprit now, and I know to look out for the language setting when upgrading :).
 
Top
Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: 04.04.2012
Posted: 09.02.2016 18:05:05
 
 
David,

Let us know if you encounter the same problems (especially with the language settings) with the next versions of the program.
 
Top


User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0


Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register