Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Glitch with minimise to screen icons , Windows can become inaccessible when icon is moved » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1972

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 08/27/2015 15:20:42

If I minimise a terminal (PuTTY) window to screen, then move the icon to the bottom left of the screen, on clicking the icon to restore the window, it is drawn mostly off screen, with just the regular windows buttons and the 'minimise to screen' button visible. I guess this is a side effect of trying to position the minimise button under the mouse, so that the window can be quickly minimised again. But perhaps there should be an option at least to 'protect' the window fr om being drawn in a position wh ere it's very hard to get back?

Tx,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/28/2015 17:57:10

Hello David,

Thanks for the post.

Did you try the "Save position" sub-option (available in Specific Settings only):

David Lomas
Advanced user

Posted: 08/28/2015 20:22:26

Thanks - although I guess that does mean creating specific settings for every window it might apply to. It's certainly a good workaround, but could it still be considered a feature request to protect windows in general? Usually, aligning the window's minimise button under the cursor is exactly what you want, _unless_ you move the window's icon into the 'danger zone'...

Tx,

David.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/31/2015 13:10:49

David,

We'll consider adding this option in Default Settings and inform you about our results.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register