Topics list
Search
Help
Login

Topic: «AWM is hurting FPS in games » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2332

Steph kaleed
Advanced user

Posted: 08/21/2015 11:32:05

This has been an issue for a couple years, but I haven't reported it because it's just been easier to exit AWM any time I'm going to play a game --

Any time I play StarCraft 2, if AWM is still running/active, SC2's FPS drop by ~10-15 FPS below their average. This happens consistently.

Further, if I forget to exit AWM before starting SC2, when I get into the game menus, I'll get dropped back to my desktop, as if I was alt-tabbing out (but without actually alt-tabbing). It happens again and again, until I exit AWM.

In both cases, as soon as I exit AWM, the issues immediately cease.

I've tried adding SC2 to the exclusion list, figuring that there was some hook that was interfering between the game and Direct3D/OpenGL and the GPU, but it doesn't help. I've gotten accustomed to exiting AWM anytime I play a game -- it's not that big of an ordeal, the problem with it, however, is that I lose all my window arrangements across virtual desktops. It's a pain to have to re-split and resize everything, so I've been leaving AWM off instead.

Any ideas? Is it possible to prevent AWM's injection/hooks from touching certain processes (other than the Window-Exclusion list)?

Win7/Win8.1 Pro (x64)
AWM 8.3b2

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/24/2015 22:17:49

Hello Steph,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify your FPS with Actual Window Manager unloaded.

You could try to run the game under another user account (using the "Run as..." command). Thus the game shouldn't be affected by Actual Window Manager.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login