Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] 90° Rotation of Target Tile when using 1 vertical monitor , Target tile is wrong shape when sending from vertical to horizontal » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 2408

Jeremy K

Posted: 08/06/2015 02:21:30

I'm using AMM 8.3 on a 64-bit Win7 Enterprise system. My setup uses three monitors: on the left a 1600x1200 Dell turned vertical to 1200x1600, in the middle my 17" Z-Book 1920x1080 screen in the normal (horizontal) orientation, and on the right a 1920x1080 EliteDisplay E231i in the normal (horizontal) orientation. The system works very well with only one exception - when I send an application from one of the horizontal monitors to the vertical one, or vice versa, the target divider tile takes on the wrong shape.

I have assembled an image showing both my tile layout and what shape the target tile mistakenly takes. In this example, I have my vertical monitor divided into two tiles - one over the other. I also have my laptop screen divided into two tiles - one beside the other. When I want to send an application from the top tile on my vertical monitor to the left tile on my horizontal monitor, the target shows as the top tile in what would be an over/under tile division on the target horizontal monitor instead of the proper left tile in the side-by-side tile division.

I would love to get this resolved as I use this feature all of the time, but now I have to perform extra steps to move from one tile to another. Can anyone help with this?

Jeremy

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 08/06/2015 13:48:32

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for the post.

Please specify how exactly you are trying to put a window into the target tile (using the "Put into Divider tile" title button, using the "Put into Divider tile" window menu item etc.).

Jeremy K

Posted: 08/06/2015 20:39:06

I right-click on the "Put into divider tile" button which brings up a selection dialog for the target. If you left-click on that button, the application moves to whatever the next monitor is, which is usually not the one I want. So I can right-click on the button and choose my target destination.

Thinking about it now, I imagine the right-click just selects a monitor, not a particular divider tile. So maybe that is part of my issue. Either way, the same thing happens with a left-click, so it's an issue regardless. The resulting aspect ratio in the target monitor is usually not useful and has to be changed. What I really want to have is the ability to send an application to a divider tile in another monitor, not just to that monitor. So maybe this is a feature request.

Jeremy K

Posted: 08/12/2015 22:11:18

***Problem solved!***

Spent some more time with the settings and figured out that I should be using the "Put into Divider tile" button instead of "Move to monitor." The Put into Divider tile" button gives me exactly the functionality I was looking for.

I apologize for the operator error.

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 08/16/2015 13:07:14

Jeremy,

That's OK, you are welcome any time you have any other questions about our software.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register