Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Actual Window Menu and Word 2007 , Word ignores Actual Window Menu settings » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7237

John MacDonald

Posted: 06/26/2007 12:48:08

I have Office 2007 installed and Actual Window MENU installed (note NOT AWM, just the Menu part) and I find that Word 2007 totally ignores Actual Window Menu.  Right clicking on the window title produces nothing.  Double-clicking it produces a DIFFERENT and Word-specific behavior of displaying the document double-paned.  I am guessing that Office 2007 has internal settings that somehow override AWM.  Is this right, and can anything be done?  Thanks

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/27/2007 05:40:25

Hello John,

Could you please send us your Actual Window Menu's Configuration. Thanks in advance.  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/27/2007 05:42:11

One more question: does it happen just with Word or with other programs from MS Office 2007 package?

John MacDonald

Posted: 06/27/2007 10:30:16

Do you mean the actual configuration file or just some settings?  I haven't changed anything in the configuration - I just installed it and stareted it up.

I have noticed this issue with ANY program that skins itself.  Office 2007 skins itself (and yes it happens with the other Office programs) and also the following programs skin themselves and ignore Actual Window Manager:

Apple Safari
Realplayer
Webroot Spysweeper
Logitech Setpoint
Apple QuickTime

and others, I'm guessing.  It's a bit frustrating, because one of the resaons I switched from Actual Title Buttons to Actual Windows Manager was to get around this problem, as the above self-skinning programs do not display the ATB buttons either.  (Another reason is that I have started using Windowblinds, which is not compatible with Actual Title Buttons).

However, Office 2007 is an exception in this regard - it DOES display the buttons, though they're not pretty, yet it doesn't show the custom menu.

It's annoying that self-skinning programs don't supply some sort of option to switch their skins off.  (Peraps there is a registry setting in Windows that will do this?)  I'm using Windowblinds, I'd prefer THAT skin to be used in all my programs, not just whatever skin the program-maker has decided in his/her wisdom I should use.  Blah!  :evil:  

Michael Rezvanov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 06/28/2007 05:43:38

Thanks for your report John. You can send Configuration by opening Actual Window Menu's configuration module-> File->Send Configuration->Send to the Tech Support.

Alexey Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 10/10/2007 04:16:42

John MacDonald wrote:
I have noticed this issue with ANY program that skins itself.

The cause of this issue is that most self-skinned programs have no general Windows title bar in their main windows so there's no "hotspot" in such window to right-click on (calling window's system menu).

John MacDonald wrote:
It's annoying that self-skinning programs don't supply some sort of option to switch their skins off.

Let me suggest you the following workaround: despite the above-mentioned absence of general title bar, most self-skinned programs still can be controlled via system menu - just try to right click not the window but its corresponding taskbar button.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register