Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register


Topic: «Profile issue in AMM » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1274
 
TheNumberOneShmuck
Registered user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 30.07.2015
Posted: 30.07.2015 11:10:59
 
 
Windows 7 64-Bit
1600x900 Acer monitor (VGA)
1920x1080 Insignia TV (HDMI)
Intel Core i3 4130
AMD Radeon R9 280X (issue since prior Geforce GTX 660)
Actual Multiple Monitors 8.1.4

So I have 3 profiles created. One for just my monitor, one for just my television, and one for both. The first, monitor-only, is where my issue lies. It started when I had a GTX 660. At first, Nvidia control panel would simply revert to its own settings if I tried to use my profiles, essentially wresting control over my displays fr om AMM. Eventually I got that mostly sorted, and my TV and dual display profiles started working right.

What my monitor-only profile now does is leave my TV active instead of disabling it, although arranged incorrectly (to the right of my monitor instead of the left wh ere it should be) and at the wrong resolution - my computer has it set at 1600x900, my TV is stretching it to 1680x1050. Another tidbit is that AMM properly identifies my displays (TV as 1, monitor as 2) even with buggy profile active, but AMD's Catalyst Control Center - which does correctly identify in dual display mode - will label my monitor as 1 and my TV as 2 for about half a second, before the 2 jumps to my monitor, and both numbers just awkwardly overlap. Creating a new profile hasn't helped, although AMM, CCC, and just plain old Windows display settings can all disable the TV the regular way with no issue. It's only the AMM profiles that aren't cooperating, whether with a hotkey, the taskbar icon's profile switcher, or activating the profile from AMM proper.

This is the same display setup I was using all the way back in mid-November of 2013 - yes, I've put up with it for that long - when I switched to the 660 from a Radeon 6670. That's when the original issues started, so I thought the whole thing might be an Nvidia issue. Time came to upgrade a few days ago to my 280X, and I'd hoped the return to AMD might solve the problem, but unfortunately not. The issue has persisted not only through new profile creation, AMM updates up to 8.1.4 (when my update period ran out) driver updates, and a new GPU, but also through reinstallations of AMM, and even a clean reinstallation of Windows 7.

So, um... help.
 
Top
Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: 09.11.2010
Posted: 06.08.2015 11:27:28
 
 
Hello TheNumberOneShmuck,

Thanks for the post.

Please install the current beta version of Actual Multiple Monitors (download link - http://www.actualtools.com/files/amm85b1.exe ) in a separate folder and check whether you are able to reproduce the problem with the beta version.
 
Top
TheNumberOneShmuck
Registered user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 30.07.2015
Posted: 07.08.2015 16:59:01
 
 
Unfortunately, the only change I've noticed with the beta is that Catalyst Control Center now suffers that weird identification glitch in dual display mode as well, albeit with the 1 and 2 properly assigned as TV and monitor, respectively, in the split-second before the 1 jumps to my monitor as usual. The numbers are still swapped in monitor-only mode.
 
Top
Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: 09.11.2010
Posted: 17.08.2015 21:00:46
 
 
TheNumberOneShmuck,

Please provide us screenshots (you could send screenshots to support@actualtools.com with a link to this thread) of "Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Monitors Layout and Settings", Catalyst Control Center and Windows Screen Resolution panes with both displays attached and with your monitor attached only.
 
Top
TheNumberOneShmuck
Registered user
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 30.07.2015
Posted: 23.09.2015 10:59:40
 
 
So after a series of emails from support, all of which only kept suggesting the newest versions and betas that didn't fix anything, I've upgraded to a new monitor (a 1080p ultrawide LG, very nice) which I now have hooked up via HDMI, and my TV is now on a DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable. Whatever the problem was, it was either with my old monitor, or with the DVI-to-VGA connection I was using. I have no idea what caused it to suddenly bug out when I upgraded my GPU the first time, or why it stayed buggy when I upgraded it the second time; even the DVI-to-VGA was something I was using with the 6670 when everything was working properly.

In any case, I don't know what went wrong before, or what I did right this time, but I hooked up my new setup and created new versions of my profiles, and now everything is hunky-dory. So I guess that takes care of that, and now I can enjoy myself.
 
Top


User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0


Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register