Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[SOLVED] atwm continues to force it's own screen saver , screen saver » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4239

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 07/10/2015 11:33:56

after i noticed on multiple occasions that my screen saver was not turning on after several hours i then realized that the screen saver was set to actual tools window manager. assuming this was a bug and the cause of why the screen saver would never turn on over night, i then attempted to change both the windows screen saver setting and the actual tools window screen saver setting to use the built in windows 7 screen saver setting... i then realized the problem still persisted and after restarting the computer both settings had reverted back to using atwm screen saver.  So what's the deal folks?

I cannot disable the actw screen saver,... no matter what settings i choose, after restarting both, settings related to screen saver, either in actual tools window manager, or built in windows 7 screen saver both are set to actual tools window manager which results in my monitors never going into screen saver mode.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 07/10/2015 11:47:00

more info on this... every restart results in the above along with the wait time reverting back to 30 minutes... no matter what i choose it reverts back to this.... moreover, the preview button inside of actw screen saver results in something other than the screen saver chosen, monitors are distorted and this is obviously a bug. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU ARE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM AND THAT YOU HAVE A FIX FOR THIS. currently running version 8.1.4.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 07/13/2015 20:04:39

wow, no response, come on actual tools... you've got to support your product like other software manufactures do, i see others not happy with response times as well on here.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 07/14/2015 15:13:58

Hello a p,

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps, you added a Desktop Profile (Actual Window Manager -> Multiple Monitors -> Desktop Profiles). Please provide us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) and attach a link to this thread.

a p
Advanced user

Posted: 07/15/2015 21:19:56

yep, that was it... removing the desktop profile solved this issue... apparently this feature has some issues and i don't need it.

thanks for the response.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register