Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «taskbar button move » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3071

Philip Daniels

Posted: 04/22/2015 05:40:13

I had to do a rebuild of my system due to hardware failure (mobo & system disk).  I seem to have lost the ability to reposition "buttons" in the taskbar.

I thought that it was ATB that was providing this functionality, but I can't see any place to turn the feature on.  I like to have it on, so that I can move long running tasks to the left end of the taskbar.

OS - XP-SP3
ATB - version 5.3

I know 5.3 is not the latest, but there is nothing in 5.4 that I need, hence I prefer to stick with 5.3.

Philip Daniels

Posted: 04/22/2015 06:15:17

What gives with this forum - how do I create a NEW TOPIC.  When I click the New Topic Button it drags up a topic I created years ago.  

Anyway I would like this post to be a New Topic titled "ATB Stay on Top and MS OneNote 2007"

If I click the stay on top button on OneNote (the main application, not the sticky note widget), it works, the button changes to 'pinned', and the window behaves as expected, i.e. when I give focus to something else it stays on top.  But when I return focus to the OneNote window... by clicking in it, or by Alt/Tab etc... the stay on top button promptly changes to 'unpinned' and the window behaves accordingly.  I assume OneNote is doing this, it does not happen with other Office 2007 programs - Word, Excel, Oulook etc, nor with any other programs - only OneNote.

Does anyone have a workaround for this, its darned annoying.  I really don't think this an ATB bug, odds-on its a OneNote 2007 quirk, but perhaps ATB could be the remedy.  If ATB could detect the button state changed other than via a user action... i.e click button, or kb shortcut (for me that's ctrl/win/s)... then it could turn it back on again.  

PD

PS : Why not use off the shelf forum software like phpBB, Vbulletin or something.

Philip Daniels

Posted: 04/22/2015 06:18:25

BTW - I am now using Windows 7 and ATB 8.3

PD

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/22/2015 13:51:43

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the post.

What gives with this forum - how do I create a NEW TOPIC. When I click the New Topic Button it drags up a topic I created years ago.
- I was unable to reproduce the behavior. Could you specify your internet browser (name, version) and provide a detailed description of how you are adding a new topic?

Anyway I would like this post to be a New Topic titled "ATB Stay on Top and MS OneNote 2007"

If I click the stay on top button on OneNote (the main application, not the sticky note widget), it works, the button changes to 'pinned', and the window behaves as expected, i.e. when I give focus to something else it stays on top. But when I return focus to the OneNote window... by clicking in it, or by Alt/Tab etc... the stay on top button promptly changes to 'unpinned' and the window behaves accordingly. I assume OneNote is doing this, it does not happen with other Office 2007 programs - Word, Excel, Oulook etc, nor with any other programs - only OneNote.

Does anyone have a workaround for this, its darned annoying. I really don't think this an ATB bug, odds-on its a OneNote 2007 quirk, but perhaps ATB could be the remedy. If ATB could detect the button state changed other than via a user action... i.e click button, or kb shortcut (for me that's ctrl/win/s)... then it could turn it back on again.
- You are able to add Specific Settings (Actual Title Buttons -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings) for OneNote 2007, go to the "Title Buttons" tab, choose the "Stay always-no-top" item and enable its "Freeze" option.

Best regards.

Philip Daniels

Posted: 04/22/2015 20:43:40

Firstly, the Freeze checkbox seems to have done the trick with Stay on Top - thanks.

I use Firefox, version 37.0,2 (latest)

When I click on the silver Add New topic button I see this

User added an image

That message you see about "I had to rebuild..." was created in [/I]September 2008!

Also when I tried to quote your reply nothing happened

And when I try to use the attach image button at the bottom of the compose message nothing happens - hence I used an image host.

I don't really care about the forum glitches, hopefully it'll be 'fixed' in due course.  Given this is my first visit for almost 7 years its not worth me losing sleep over it.  BTW that's a good thing - means I haven't had any problems 8)

Take Care - Phil D

Philip Daniels

Posted: 04/22/2015 20:51:05

I had to do a rebuild of my system due to hardware failure (mobo & system disk).  I seem to have lost the ability to reposition "buttons" in the taskbar.

I thought that it was ATB that was providing this functionality, but I can't see any place to turn the feature on.  I like to have it on, so that I can move long running tasks to the left end of the taskbar.

OS - XP-SP3
ATB - version 5.3

I know 5.3 is not the latest, but there is nothing in 5.4 that I need, hence I prefer to stick with 5.3.

Philip Daniels

Posted: 04/22/2015 20:56:39

Bloody weird - when I use the Modify button, it inserts that old message

Never mind.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 04/23/2015 15:19:29

Philip,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce problems you specified with Mozilla Firefox 37.0.2.

Could you clear your cookies ( https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored ) and check whether these problems persist or not?

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register