New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «mirroring with hw acceleration issue , mirroring with hardware acceleration results in black screen » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 7374

Roy v Meel

Posted: 01/30/2015 02:27:07

I want to mirror a part of my desktop to a secondary screen. When I use hardware acceleration it results in a black screen. When I disable hardware acceleration it works but the screen refresh rate is not usable.
On my notebook from work, it works super with hardware acceleration and the refresh rate is in milliseconds so fast! No delay at all..

Home notebook: win7 x64 with nvidia GeForce 2gb dedicated

Work notebook: win8.1 x64 with nvidia k2000

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance

Greets Roy

Roy v Meel

Posted: 01/30/2015 02:51:36

PS: the secondary screen is an usb screen that runs on displaylink drivers.

Alexander Salnikov
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/30/2015 11:14:28

Good day Roy,

Could you please specify the name and the version of our software you are using?

Have a nice day!

Any questions?Mail to support@actualtools.com!

Roy v Meel

Posted: 01/30/2015 13:33:30

I'm using actual multiple monitors and I downloaded the latest version (8.2.2) of you're website yesterday.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/02/2015 22:26:24

Hello Roy,

Does the Windows Magnifier tool work correctly on both monitors of the home notebook?

Best regards.

Roy v Meel

Posted: 02/03/2015 01:50:30

Windows magnifier works on all three screens.
When I start magnifier, all three screens are magnified.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/03/2015 13:41:46

Roy,

Could you go to the "Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Monitors Layout and Settings" pane and move your primary display so it would be upper left display? After this please check whether you are able to reproduce the problem. Then set the display as upper right display and try to reproduce the problem again.

Could you also specify your DPI settings?

Are you able to run the mirroring from your secondary display to primary?

Are both additional displays connected via displaylink adapters?

Best regards.

Roy v Meel

Posted: 02/04/2015 02:33:09

move your primary display so it would be upper left display?

Check - problem still there

Then set the display as upper right display and try to reproduce the problem again.

Check - problem still there

No idea

Are you able to run the mirroring from your secondary display to primary?

I can mirror a piece of the secondary screen to my primary screen, but also only with hardware acceleration disabled. When I enable hw acceleration, my main screen goes black as well

Are both additional displays connected via displaylink adapters?

I have three additional usb displays and all three are installed with the (latest) displaylink drivers.

I do see one thing... My home notebook has an onboard Intel hd videocard and the onboard nvidia GeForce gt 540m.

I have configured that all my programs have to run with the onboard nvidia card, including the multiple monitor tool, because this didn't work from the beginning..
I still see that the displays in the multiple monitor tool are named:
"Usb monitor -> Intel HD Graphics Family"

My main screen has also the Intel text at the end...

Maybe the cooperation between the video cards is not good?

When I try to mirror an application which runs under the nvidia card.. it doesn't work either..

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 02/04/2015 11:44:03

Roy,

No idea
Please provide me a screenshot of the "Personalize (right click on a empty area of your desktop) -> Display (the Display link at the bottom left corner)" pane?

Could you check whether you are able to reproduce the problem if the ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe file (from AMM's installation folder) is ran As Administrator or not?

Could you also test the following steps:
1. Create a Mirroring rule (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Mirroring) with the "Part of desktop" Source Type;
2. Adjust coordinates for a part of your leftmost display (e.g. 100x100 pixels in the upper left corner);
3. Start the Mirroring window, move it between all displays and check whether it will work on a display or not;
4. Change coordinates to 2nd display (e.g. 100x100 pixels in the upper left corner) and repeat the 3rd step.

Best regards.

Roy v Meel

Posted: 02/04/2015 15:24:46

Screenshot - Check

The problem still exists when I run as administrator

1. Create a Mirroring rule (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Multiple Monitors -> Mirroring) with the "Part of desktop" Source Type;

Check

2. Adjust coordinates for a part of your leftmost display (e.g. 100x100 pixels in the upper left corner);

check

3. Start the Mirroring window, move it between all displays and check whether it will work on a display or not;

check

4. Change coordinates to 2nd display (e.g. 100x100 pixels in the upper left corner) and repeat the 3rd step.

check

No matter what I do. With hardware acceleration enabled, my mirror screen(s) stays black. In a window, fullscreen, fixed size and variable size.. Black.. With one extra screen attached or with three.. Black.

With hardware acceleration disabled all steps work fine on all monitors but the refresh rate is not usable for me.

Messages 1 - 10 of 18
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register