Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.2.2 not detecting Microsoft Outlook 2010 » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3414

jim111

Posted: 01/28/2015 08:59:43

I am running AWM 8.2.2 on a PC with Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.

I am having an issue with Actual Windows Managers not detecting Outlook 2010.  I have enabled logging and opened the log while opening and closing Outlook 2010 but there are no events recorded (events for other applications are recorded).  I originally had an Outlook-specific Window setting which I've deleted (tried it both ways with the same result).  I also disabled all exclusions and all other specific settings with the same results.  In addition to Windows setting not working, none of the other features (Virtual Desktop, etc.) work with Outlook 2010.  I am thinking this is probably due to security features that my organization has in place with Outlook 2010 / MS Exchange -- it is a large organization with significant restrictions on downloading/installing/changing administrator settings on our PCs.  However, all other Microsoft office applications work with AWM.  I have also tried installing several previous versions of AWM (as well as individual sub-products like Actual Multiple Monitors) but have the same result.

Any suggestions for things I can try to fix this?  Let me know if you need more information.

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/29/2015 16:34:08

Hello jim111,

Thanks for the post.

You should reinstall Actual Window Manager with the "Support system utilities and administrative tools" option enabled during the installation process.

If this will not help, please provide me a screenshot of the "Details" tab of Windows Task Manager with both Actual Window Manager and MS Outlook 2010 running and send us your configuration files (Actual Window Manager -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support).

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register