Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Support launching apps in a profile » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 1911

Jeff Vincent

Posted: 01/14/2015 00:41:15

I installed Actual Window Manager v8.2.2 yesterday to evaluate it and am liking it.  

However, I'm trying to work with multiple profiles and want the ability to start applications if they are not already running so that when I switch between profiles, any applications that aren't running get started.

I don't want to put all programs into Windows Startup on the off-chance I might use them because it would bring my system to its knees.

I also prefer not to have to manually launch the applications when switching to another profile.

The use case is that I have a number of different roles.

First I do development on my local system.  I also manage a lab of machines and do development inside a Secure Development Environment (SDE).

There are some applications I want to be available for all profiles (MS Outlook, Chrome).  But others are only needed occasionally.

For example, when developing in the SDE, I need a couple RDP sessions, a couple NoMachine! sessions and some SSH (PuTTY) sessions.  I don't want to launch those at startup because they likely aren't needed (and the connections would time-out anyway).

I'd love to be able to set some or all of the applications in each profile to be launched if they aren't already running.  

Are there plans or possibilities for this?

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 01/14/2015 16:40:39

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the post.

You are able to adjust the "Combo" action with "Start program" sub-actions (e.g. Actual Window Manager -> Hotkeys -> Actions -> Add -> Combo). Unfortunately, the "Start program" action doesn't have an option to check whether an application is already running or not. We'll consider adding this option and inform you if/when the option will be implemented.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register