Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Program won't run fullscreen? , Final Burn Alpha won't go fullscreen » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 6219

Yui Kotegawa

Posted: 12/19/2014 12:45:35

Hi, I'm just trying Actual Multiple Monitors out and it's really great so far however there is one program I use that refuses to work correctly.  It's an arcade game emulator called Final Burn Alpha (http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba.php).  My monitors are setup as so : 1680x1050 LCD @ 60hz (Primary)  800x600CRT @ 120Hz (Extended)

What I'm wanting to do is have it running fullscreen on my 2nd monitor, however when I switch to fullscreen mode the 2nd screen will go black and my primary monitor will change resolution and display a garbled still frame of what is supposed to be appearing on the 2nd monitor, I can hear the game sound in the background.  The program as a choice of blitters, DX7 of DX9 and both do the same thing.  I've got other emulators working perfectly as I want (PCSX2, Dolphin etc.) but I just cannot get Final Burn Alpha to do as intended.  Does anyone have any idea's for a fix? Would be much appreciated! :D

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/19/2014 14:25:05

Hello Yui,

Thanks for the post.

Could you specify your OS (version, 32 or 64-bit) and versions of Actual Multiple Monitors and Final Burn Alpha?

Could you also send me your configuration files (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support), step by step description of how to reproduce the problem and attach some screenshots of the problem?

Best regards.

Yui Kotegawa

Posted: 12/20/2014 03:43:33

Hi Vasiliy, my OS is Windows Ultimate x64, I'm using Actual Multiple Monitors 8.2.2 and Final Burn Alpha v0.2.97.28 (the latest release is 0.2.97.34. and as exactly the same problem, can be downloaded here (unicode binary) : FBA Download

I couldn't send you my configuration files through the program as it wanted me to use Outlook and I don't have that setup, however I saved it manually and uploaded it here for you to look at : Configuration Files.zip

I've used Print Screen to get the screenshots.

I have Final Burn Alpha set to use Monitor 2 :
User added an image

As you can see it's currently in windowed mode.  I go to load a game, for this you will need a rom image of the game you want to play, these don't come with the emulator unfortunately so I've uploaded one here you can use sf2.zip this needs to be placed in the ROM path in Final Burn Alpha (File->Load Game->ROMs Dirs) then (Scan ROMs, make sure "Show available is ticked").  Select the game (Street Fighter II) and press Play.
User added an image

The game will start and runs perfectly in Windowed mode, the output looks quite blurry however I'm assuming that's because the 2nd monitor is running at 120Hz because on the monitor output itself this blur is not apparent.
User added an image

The problem starts when we switch to Fullscreen (ALT + ENTER or Video->Toggle Fullscreen) we get the following problem :
User added an image
I had Final Burn Alpha set to output 800x600 for fullscreen the same as the monitor it's set to.

I hope this is enough information but if you need anymore just let me know.  I hope there is a way of fixing this!  :)

Vasiliy Ivachev
Administrator
-retired-

Posted: 12/24/2014 15:28:29

Hello Yui,

Does Final Burn Alpha work the same way with Actual Multiple Monitors unloaded?

You could try to disable the "Window Class" criterion (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> Final Burn Alpha -> Target Window tab) of your "Final Burn Alpha" Specific Settings and check whether you are able to reproduce the issue or not.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register