Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[RESOLVED]AWM Performs Rule on MDI Child Tabs on FileLocatorPro » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4333

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/16/2014 05:07:17

AWM v8.2.2

AWM is performing action on the MDI Child tabs in the product FileLocator Pro. To reproduce:

Click on the toolbar "New Blank" (Tab); OR
File > New > Search; OR
CTRL+N

You will only see the new tab when you click anywhere in the MDI Document Region/Area or invoke any of the above methods to create a new search tab. Occurs 100 percent of the time.

FileLocator Pro

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/17/2014 18:10:25

Thank you for your report, Lars.

To solve this you can either enable the Compatibility mode or disable the Block premature appearance option at Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> [FileLocator Pro rule] -> Startup -> Move to Monitor(and scroll to the bottom of that screen).

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/18/2014 03:28:06

To solve this you can either enable the Compatibility mode or disable the Block premature appearance option at Actual Window Manager -> Window Settings -> Specific Settings -> [FileLocator Pro rule] -> Startup -> Move to Monitor(and scroll to the bottom of that screen).
Unfortunately, that is not resolve the behavior which is occurring. I've sent my configuration files to support@actualtools.com

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/18/2014 17:14:08

Thank you for sending us your configuration files, Lars!

It turned out that there had been another rule that applied to these windows - "Windows: Date and Time". Enabling Compatibility mode the same way within that rule must help.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 11/18/2014 17:28:33

It turned out that there had been another rule that applied to these windows - "Windows: Date and Time". Enabling Compatibility mode the same way within that rule must help.
This is a stupid mistake on my part. I originally created the "Windows: Date and Time" for another rule, then used it as a temporary test case, which was to resolve the problem with FileLocator Pro and by forgetting to change the Specific Settings Name I missing it's existence. I'll post another thread on the subject, but my concern is in how Specific Settings related "Program", "Window Class", "Window Caption" are organized or effectively sorted. Currently is it subject to the end-user performing a manual technique to regulate which is limited by it's nature.

Alexander, THANKS for resolving this concern.

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register