Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[FIXED] Hotkeys don't work from desktop » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 15250

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 11/07/2014 06:08:11

When the desktop is selected (as opposed to any running application window) the hotkeys I have assigned to Start Program don't work. For example, notepad.exe will start if Chrome is the sel ected window and I press the key assigned for it (regardless what that key is), but it will not start if the desktop is selected. I am running 8.2.2 on 8.1 Pro x64.

ASIDE: This is also the case if any processes at higher integrity than AWM is selected, but that may not be fixable unless the background process listening for keypresses is elevated as well.

UPDATE:

This also happens, slightly differently, with mouse actions. They need at least a single open window (minimized is fine) to work. Otherwise they do not work.

In my specific case I have a single left mouse button click on empty space in the taskbar bring up the Alt+Tab window using a system shortcut at "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Window Switcher.lnk" (hex dump / download).

Anyway, it is the same regardless of the shortcut target. Hotkeys don't work with the desktop selected. Mouse actions don't work without any windows open.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 11/07/2014 19:16:37

Thank you for your report, Aph!

The issue has been confirmed, we'll try to fix it.

Please tell me how you assigned a mouse action for the empty space in the taskbar? All I know is a mouse action for taskbar button...

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 11/08/2014 02:01:59

You're right, the mouse action is not an issue. I made a mistake there. Completely unrelated to AWM.

I assigned that with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker's Advanced Options. It's possible under Mouse Button Control by assigning "emptyspace|lclick" to "2"

aph
Advanced user

Posted: 11/22/2014 14:53:50

Until resolved, I've switched to using AutoHotkey for my keyboard shortcuts. For consistency I wanted to re-implement the AWM behavior in AHK. Here's a bit of a complex example for maximizing to the desktop with Shift+Alt+Up and Shift+Alt+Down.

Code
+!Up::
   WinGetActiveTitle, Title
   WinRestore, %Title%
   SysGet, X1, 76
   SysGet, Y1, 77
   SysGet, Width, 78
   SysGet, MonitorCount, MonitorCount
   SysGet, MonitorWorkArea, MonitorWorkArea, %MonitorCount%
   WinMove, %Title%,, X1, Y1, Width, %MonitorWorkAreaBottom%
return

+!Down::
   WinGetActiveTitle, Title
   WinMove, %Title%,, 0, 0
   WinMaximize, %Title%
return

Edit: Subtracted taskbar height from full desktop window height; eliminated hotkey conflict with StartIsBack+

Todo: Restore to original monitor instead of maximizing to primary

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 09/27/2018 09:23:29

Hello, aph

When the desktop is selected (as opposed to any running application window) the hotkeys I have assigned to Start Program don't work.
I'm glad to notify you that the subject issue has been fixed in the latest version of Actual Window Manager 8.13.1 and our other products as well.

Best regards.

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register