Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «[RESOLVED]AWM 8.2 - Final , Default Settings Size Option Wrong Result » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3867

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/08/2014 12:26:21

Default Settings > Size > Option > select any that would change the application size

When the After Moving to Another Monitor "Keep aspect ratio" and "Fit target monitor" are used, the calculation for modifying the window does not take into consideration monitor configurations where the one is in landscape mode and the other in portrait mode as the resulting window changes are the opposite of what you would expect. Further, the algorithm is assuming the target has a width of the source when set to "Fit target monitor"

Note: Monitor #1 is landscape (2540 x 1440) and Monitor #2 is portrait (1440 x 2560)

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2014 22:44:33

Dear Lars,

Thank you for your post.

I used your configuration and created a new specific settings rule for file explorer. I have two monitors: 1680x1050 (landscape) and 768x1366 (portrait). Here are my results:
  • Keep aspect ratio selected, window size is 1506x440. Moving it from the landscape monitor to the portrait one using a title button - its size becomes 688x559.
  • Moving it back the same way makes it 1505x440 again.
  • Fit target monitor selected, window size is 1505x940. Moving it to the next monitor makes it 768x940.
  • Resizing it manually to 768x1284 and moving it back makes it 768x1010.

Do you have the same behavior? If so, what is the behavior you'd expect instead of this?

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/11/2014 02:48:45

I used notepad for my test.

* Keep aspect ratio selected, window size is 1506x440. Moving it fr om the landscape monitor to the portrait one using a title button - its size becomes 688x559.
* Moving it back the same way makes it 1505x440 again.
Worked exactly as expected and desired -- very nice. I'd say the "Move to" popup with the preview of the result window on the monitor pointed at is a very nice feature!

I do have the title button as one of three title buttons I want on virtually all windows. However, I almost never use the title button to move a window. As amusing as it may be to others reading this I've found it not convenient to click it to perform that action. I've been dragging and dropping (DND) to the other monitor and expecting this behavior, which I don't receive. I've intentionally disabled the AWM > Hotkeys > Actions as I've been concerned implementing multiple hotkey registrations would create more problems than it would solve. I've now enabled AWM hotkey and take my chances -- I'm expecting I'll be a winner.

For clarification, it was my misunderstand the feature Size."After Moving to Another Monitor" applied to DND events as well. I'm not requesting such implementation. I'd like to suggest clarification be added to the online help file for the future.

RESOLVED.

Sincerely,
Lars

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register