Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «AWM 8.2 - Final; , AWM > Mouse > MultiMonitors > Tight Monitor Boundaries = HANG » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3459

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/08/2014 09:35:04

Version = AWM 8.2 Final
Windows = 7 64-Bit

AWM > Mouse > Multiple Monitors > Tight Monitor Boundaries = 0.1

I recently enabled this cool little feature and have found it to be of value when it is working correctly.

Frequently, I'm encountering the mouse "locked" to a monitor when it stops functioning as expected. Example:

#1) Installing ESET Smart Security version 8; During the installation process, which is occurring on the other monitor (as in the monitor without the mouse pointer focus) a dialog with yes/no is displayed (monitor #1). The mouse is on monitor #2, it becomes impossible to move to monitor #1 as the monitor boundary is as if the other monitor doesn't exist. The only way to get out of the 'locked' event is to continue the installation (in this case via ALT+Y).

#2) Using Adobe Reader IX the most current version. When you open up a PDF document (monitor #2) and you being up the "Place Signature" dialog you are forever locked to only using monitor #2 as the mouse pointer will not move off of monitor #2 until you close Adobe Reader.

There are other 'events' which will cause the mouse pointer to 'lock' until whatever is causing it is removed.

Can you reproduce this behavior?

Thanks
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/08/2014 22:02:16

Dear Lars,

thank you for this post!

Please specify the Yes/No dialog you mean while installing ESET Smart Security. I haven't seen it and thus haven't managed to reproduce the issue.

As for Adobe Reader - it is known for causing problems, but this isn't a bug. By default it runs in a Protected mode, which prevents our features (rules, actions) to apply to its window and seems to affect the Tight monitor boundaries feature. You can disable the Protected mode at Adobe Reader -> Edit -> Preferences -> Security (Enhanced).

Please tell me about the other situations with Tight monitor boundaries feature.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Zardoz2293
Advanced user

Posted: 10/09/2014 04:40:32

Alexander,

Please specify the Yes/No dialog you mean while installing ESET Smart Security. I haven't seen it and thus haven't managed to reproduce the issue.
I believe it was a UAE elevation authorization. I have my set to "Always notify"

As for Adobe Reader - it is known for causing problems, but this isn't a bug. By default it runs in a Protected mode, which prevents our features (rules, actions) to apply to its window and seems to affect the Tight monitor boundaries feature. You can disable the Protected mode at Adobe Reader -> Edit -> Preferences -> Security (Enhanced).
This resolved the Adobe Reader aspect -- THANKS!

Please tell me about the other situations with Tight monitor boundaries feature.
I will observe and report exactly what and when it occurs as I want to make sure Adobe Reader isn't or wasn't involved and report back soon.

Thanks,
Lars

Sincerely,
Lars

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/10/2014 20:46:29

The issue with UAC dialogs has been confirmed. We'll try to fix it.

Thank you for your report!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register