Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «All my windows are gathered in the primary monitor , AWM 8.2 issues about dual screen after sleep mode » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 3229

Jérémy Toulalan

Posted: 10/07/2014 00:11:24

Hi,

I downloaded your software to prevent my OS from resizing and gathering my windows in the primary monitor after exit the sleep/power save mode of my dual screen. It works for the resizing part, my windows keep the same size as before, but the windows of my secondary monitor are still moved to the primary whatever I check or not the Windows Layout options.

My system
Software version : Actual Window Manager 8.2 unregistered version
CPU : AMD FX-8320 Black Edition (last drivers)
GPU : Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC (last drivers)
Primary monitor : LG Flatron W2361V 23-inch Wide LCD TFT (connected by hdmi to the gpu at 1920x1080p 60hz)
Secondary monitor : Samsung LE15S51BP (connected by DVI/VGA adapter to the gpu at 1024x768 75hz)

My AWM 8.2 .zip prefs : https://www.mediafire.com/?62yvx6ga4qiocx7

Best regards.

Jérémy Toulalan

Posted: 10/07/2014 03:23:15

After few hours of use and some reboots, AWM 8.2 no longer keep the size of my windows (before, my windows located in the primary monitor kept the same place and the same size).

Instead, all my windows are now gathered in a left top portion of my primary monitor after exiting the sleep mode (apart full enlarged windows which are still enlarged). This portion seems to have practically the same size of my secondary monitor : 1024x765.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/08/2014 00:08:25

Dear Jérémy,

thank you for your posts!

Please try to use Start/Stop Actual Window Manager hotkey (it's Ctrl+Alt+Num- by default and you have to enable it first). This will re-apply all your window rules.

Best regards!

support@actualtools.com

Jérémy Toulalan

Posted: 10/08/2014 01:48:30

Thanks for you reply.

I tried several times your hotkey but it doesn't work, my windows are still resized in a strange small size at the top left of my primary monitor.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 10/08/2014 17:15:15

Dear Jérémy,

thank you for your post!

To make this work, configure some Specific Settings rules for applications and specify the preferred location of a window on its startup in each Specific Settings rule. These rules will apply to windows on their startup and on Start/Stop Actual Window Manager as well. Desktop Divider is a tool that you might also find useful for this.

Please let me know if you need any assistance.

UPD: To be exact:After that restarting Actual Window Manager will put your windows into the right places on your multi-monitor desktop.

support@actualtools.com

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register