Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Topic: «Disable Secondary Monitors Not Working , I can't disable/enable secondandary monitors » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 4189

Jeanchristofe Parrish

Posted: 06/27/2014 01:14:10

Hi,

I have a four monitor setup on my PC with my primary monitor being cloned to my TV and a secondary monitor on either side of my primary. When I try to disable secondaries via Taskbar AMM Icon > Manage Secondary > Disable all secondary monitors, nothing happens. Assigning and using a Hotkey also does nothing.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 06/27/2014 13:48:13

Dear Jeanchristofe,

Please specify your OS(version, bitness) and Actual Multiple Monitors version. Are all of your 4 monitors connected directly to your graphics card?

Also please try to:
  • disable the secondary monitors using Windows functionality (e.g. in Win7 Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust resolution -> Multiple Displays) and
  • create Desktop profiles with secondary monitors enabled and disabled and switch between them
and tell me about the results you get.

Looking forward to your replies!

support@actualtools.com

Jeanchristofe Parrish

Posted: 07/01/2014 06:02:47

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. AMM version is 8.1.4. I've created profiles for all monitors on, off, and some individuals disabled.

Switching profiles gives me the correct disabling/enabling of monitors.

From Manage Secondary > Disable all secondary monitors now works, but Enable all secondary monitors or selecting individual monitors to activate still does nothing.

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 07/01/2014 14:56:37

Thank you for your effort, Jeanchristofe.

Please answer this important question:
Are all of your 4 monitors connected directly to your graphics card?
If you are using any docking stations, USB monitor adapters, USB monitors and so on, please describe your hardware setup.

I also propose you to try the latest Actual Multiple Monitors beta version to check if the behavior is similar in it.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Jeanchristofe Parrish

Posted: 07/01/2014 22:51:26

Rat's, I forgot to answer that question. Sorry about that. All four monitors are connected directly to my Nvidia GTX650 card. I have three 24 inch monitors connected via DVI and VGA. The fourth is a TV in the next room connected via HDMI.

Since, I do have everything directly connected to the video card, perhaps the issue is a software conflict? It may help you to know that I have EdgeRunner Multiplicity installed (which is a software KVM for controlling a second PC) and also Stardock Deskscapes (screensaver software).

I'll try the beta and also see if preventing the other software from loading improves the situation.

Timothy Land

Posted: 03/15/2016 23:04:23

Hello.  I recently downloaded a trial version of Actual Window Manager, v8.7.  My configuration is a Windows 7 Professional, SP1 laptop with 3 external monitors (making a total of 4 screens).  One of these external monitors, which is also my primary monitor, is DVI-attached to my laptop; the two other external monitors are USB-attached using USB-monitor adapters from EVGA (http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-U3-UV39-KR), and DisplayLink driver software (one of your business partners).

Overall, I like your product very much.  For many years, I have also worked with a more simplistic multi-monitor product called UltraMon, which provided many of the same features packaged with Actual Window Manager, but not quite as sophisticated.  I do have an issue that I would like to report which may or may not have known solutions already.  I thank you in advance for your assistance.

I've noticed that the "Disable all secondary monitors" feature does not appear to work as expected.  My expectation, when selecting that menu action from the Actual Window Manager popup menu, was that all of my secondary monitors would be logically disabled (no signal).  Any active windows on those monitors would automatically be transferred to the remaining active monitor (my primary monitor).  However, none of this behavior was observed.  Selecting this action appeared to do nothing.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/16/2016 01:38:49

Hello, Timothy

Do you mean absolutely nothing happens when you're trying to apply the "Disable all secondary monitors" feature?

Does the item not change to "Enable all secondary monitors"?

Have you tried to disable the monitors separately by unchecking the corresponding items in the "Manage Secondary" submenu?

Best regards.

Timothy Land

Posted: 03/29/2016 21:03:18

Hi Bogdan,

When I sel ect the "Disable all secondary monitors" fr om the "Manage Secondary" submenu, nothing happens.  However I can disable the monitors separately by unchecking the corresponding items in the "Manage Secondary" submenu.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 03/31/2016 20:10:22

Timothy,

Could you send us your configuration files using the Send to Tech Support tool (Configuration module > Tools > Configuration > Send to Tech Support). Please add a link to this topic to the email.

Bogdan Polishchuk
Administrator

Posted: 04/13/2016 16:54:50

Hello, Timothy

As we can see from your configuration files, there are two video cards used on your laptop, but you connect monitors only to one of them? Is that correct?

Do you mind installing the custom build of Actual Window Manager, which could help us to track the issue by collecting the additional technical information?

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register