New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Topic: «[SOLVED] Uncooperative Duplicate/Extend Changes » on forum: Technical Support   Views: 11642

Lalla

Posted: 04/24/2014 05:44:28

Hi All,
I'm really hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.  It's a minor one but extremely irritating.
I have 3 monitors, 2 are on my desk and the third is my HD Flatscreen TV across the room.  They are connected to my video card via a DVI I, DVI II, and an HDMI/
My left most monitor maxes out at 1680 x 1050 while the other 2 are 1920 x 1080.  My middle monitor (so the right one on my desk) clones with my TV as I need clone mode.  It is monitor 2 and set as my primary.
Here's my problem.  Every time I swap into clone monitor mode, anything on my primary (monitor 2) gets thrown onto monitor 3 (the lower res one on my left) and everything sizes down for it.  I then have to manually move everything to my cloned monitors which really slows me down, especially when I have people waiting on me to pull something up to share.
Can someone help me find a secret setting or something to fix this problem?  Please, please, please?  Thank you for your time!

Lalla

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/24/2014 17:43:05

Hello, Lalla!

Please specify, which Actual Tools product you use.

And please tell, from which mode do you swap into clone monitor mode. Is it extend mode for 3 monitors or is one of them switched off?

Thank you for your post!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Lalla

Posted: 04/24/2014 22:47:02

Hi!  Of course, my apologies for the lapse in detail.  I am using AMM8.1.4.
I swap from extend to cloned and back again as needed.  All three monitors are always on.  Again, when I clone, I clone my high res desktop monitor to the TV for sharing, leaving my lower res available for me to do side functions away from their view.  Thanks for your time!!

Lalla

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/25/2014 17:38:38

Dear Lalla,

unfortunately I have failed to reproduce your problem. While the center monitor was remaining the Primary, none of windows got thrown to the left monitor when switching from/to clone mode. Those windows were only getting thrown back and forth within the primary monitor and the right one, which had been used as its clone.

I suggest you to create and use Desktop Profiles (as it makes switching between extend/clone modes easier and lets you pre-configure a desired desktop layout) and Desktop Divider for your purposes. Please let me know if you need any additional information on these tools!

And if it doesn't help you, I will have to ask you to provide me with several screenshots and detailed descritpion of your actions in Configuration Module of Actual Multiple Monitors.

Thank you for your post!
Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Lalla

Posted: 04/26/2014 09:46:52

Thanks for the advice.  I will fiddle with those suggestions on Monday and let you know if it resolves my weird bug.

Lalla

Lalla

Posted: 04/26/2014 10:11:15

Quick question, is there a way to trigger these profiles with a cmd line?  I use rainmeter to manage a lot of my stuff and I'd like to toggle these profiles by scripting them into my toggle button.  Thanks!

Alex Fadeyev
Administrator

Posted: 04/26/2014 15:48:52

Quick answer: yes.

Lalla

Posted: 04/27/2014 00:29:15

Thanks for the page on the command line parameters!

I messed with the profiles and the desktop divider but sadly I'm still having the same problem no matter what configuration I'm using.  It wouldn't be as annoying if it weren't for the fact that the monitor it's throwing to is the lower resolution.  With the ability to command line, I've just decided to disable my third monitor but it isn't ideal.

I'll try and post a step by step of what I'm doing and detailed description of the problem on Monday at the latest.

Lalla

Alexander Mihalkin
Administrator

-retired-

Posted: 04/28/2014 15:53:43

Dear Lalla,

please start with just sending your Configuration (Actual Multiple Monitors -> Tools -> Configuration -> Send to Tech Support) with a reference to this thread. Hopefully, this will be enough to find a solution.

Best regards.

support@actualtools.com

Lalla

Posted: 04/29/2014 01:31:18

Sent!  Thank you for all your help so far and to come.  I hope we can find a resolution.

Messages 1 - 10 of 12
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

User(s) reading this topic
Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

Forums list
New topics
Topics list
Search
Help
Login
Register